UBS Financial Services Head of Network Transformation in Any, United States
Head of Network Transformation
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Have you lead a major network transformation, major migration program, or re-architecture of a network? Do you work well with various technical teams across multiple disciplines such as network architecture, engineering and operations teams? Are you someone who can wear engineering, operation and executive leadership hats? Do you thrive at transforming engineering and operation processes, tools, and standards set to transform UBS’s network infrastructure? We're looking for someone like that who can help us.
We’re looking for a senior network technology leader who can work with service, engineering and operations teams to collaborate with current transformation strategy and drive execution of the strategy with technical depth. We are looking for someone who can:
• collaborate with network engineering, implementation, operation and service management teams to drive details of transformation and help execution of strategy
• guide technical and engineering teams to successful definition of new architecture and operational processes and policies
• make sure technical solutions are integrated into our heterogeneous network with highly automated infrastructure principles
• partner with network leadership team to solution critical challenges faced during the strategy execution
• report directly into the Global Head of Networks and help shape the network transformation journey with the network leadership team
• work with a team of leaders, architects and operational teams as part of transformation journey
• evaluate and improve on current tools and processes with tactical and long-term strategic approaches
• challenge current practices to optimize and improve front to back workflows with a new perspective
This role is global and requires great collaboration with many remote team members. Role reports directly to Global Head of Networks and works closely with current leadership team on the network transformation journey. The role will evolve with additional management responsibilities including telecommunication and low latency optimized networks etc.
• Ideally 20+ years experience with in-depth network technology and experience leading engineering, architecture and operational functions
• Highly experienced technology leader with a proven track record of successful large scale financial network and transformation initiatives
• Solid understanding of Next Generation networks build with the cloud principles in WAN, DC and remote offices
• Experienced with Network Tools and Automation in the financial services market
• Experienced with large scale network operation and migration to complete to next generation versions effectively
• Experience in Cloud Networking especially with MSFT Azure
• Strategic thinking and excellent communication skills
• Ability to coach and lead and a proven track record managing technical delivery of solutions in agile and waterfall oriented teams
• Ability to be adaptable and work effectively across different teams and functions (non-IT)
• Experience in all aspects of the product life-cycle
• Capability to communicate process related standards and advise on adherence to the standard
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to drive transformation across large enterprise environments
• Ability to drive engineering and operations teams to ensure detailed designs are in line with operational processes and Reference Architectures
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently with new and unique ideas
• Highly refined and professional verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate strategic business value to business and technology partners
• Ability to work across multiple business units globally and the ability to translate business requirements into technical outcomes
• Technical knowledge of Cloud networking principles in WAN, Data Center, and Remote Offices with extensive real-life execution experience.
• Analytical thinking and interpersonal skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.