UBS Financial Services Mainframe Automation System Engineer in Basel, Switzerland
Mainframe Automation System Engineer
Switzerland - Northern Switzerland
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
For our Automation Team based in Basel, Switzerland, we are looking for Automation Software Engineer with excellent technical and communication skills allied with a strong commitment to customer service to serve and support a world class leading z/OS Mainframe environment.
We are a team of technical specialists who are responsible for the planning, development, maintenance as well as problem management in the area of z/OS Automation and Disaster solutions(Business Continuity Management). We analyze and realize automation solution in close co-operation with the appropriate software owners and clients
In addition we providing 24x7 support by Onsite and On-call service for applications which run on the IBM z/OS platform covering multiple regions in different time zones. We provide services based on the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and ensure the System availability entities for all production-, test- and development environments.
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Mainframe Automation Service team, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You will design, build, test and maintain Automation, Monitoring and System Availability solutions in a highly automated z/OS Mainframe environment. As owner of the BMC Mainview suite and IBM GDPS solution you are also responsible for Vendor Management, Architectural questions as well software integration activities.
• Experience in IBM Parallel Sysplex technology
• Knowledge of z/OS Mainframes, in particular SA390 and/or BMC Mainview software products would be helpful
• Experience in problem analysing and software development
• Knowledge of TSO/ISPF, REXX, z/OS parallel Sysplex and its subsystems is essential
• MS office suite experience
• Team spirit, initiative and customer-oriented thinking
• Independent working
• Expert know how in TSO/E, REXX and Assembler would be appreciated
• Mastering the Microsoft Office palette (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
• a committed and visionary team player with analytical
and logical mind-set (you can solve problems like nobody’s business)
• well organized with an innate sense of how to prioritize across a complex environment
• a hands-on person with natural instincts to support our customers
• curious, collaborative and constantly interested in learning new things
• fluent in German and English and eager to work in an Global Team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.