UBS Financial Services Senior Wealth Strategist in Century City, California
Are you an experienced estate planning professional? Does partnering with financial advisors and their largest and best clients on estate and financial planning issues motivate you?
We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• enhance the client acquisition, advisement and retention process by contributing sophisticated advice related to estate planning, wealth transfer and philanthropic planning
• educate financial advisors in the areas of wealth planning, estate and financial planning
• articulate a concise message to both the client and UBS financial advisor, as an advice provider in a comprehensive wealth planning context
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
As a Senior Wealth Strategist in the UBS Advanced Planning team, you partner with financial advisors to proactively engage Ultra High Net Worth clients and prospects with investible assets of $20mm and above in a dialogue surrounding advanced wealth transfer and philanthropic strategies, and the integration of those strategies with their investment portfolios. You will prepare comprehensive analysis and review of a client's estate and wealth transfer planning, educating clients on opportunities for additional planning, and including a review of estate documents and structures. You will serve as a member of UBS's in-house \"think-tank,\" by creating timely articles on estate and wealth transfer planning for internal and external publications and participating in speaking engagements
• a JD or CPA
• 8-10 years minimum experience at a law firm in private practice or in an accounting firm; or 5-8 years experience at a law firm or accounting firm plus 2-5 years industry experience
• active Series 7 and 66 (or are required to obtain them within 90 days of hire)
• expertise, skills and experience with the following areas, techniques and strategies: personal income, estate, gift, trust, and partnership tax disciplines, advanced wealth transfer planning techniques such as Grantor Retained Annuity Trusts, Qualified Personal Residence Trusts, Family Limited Partnerships, Defective Grantor Trusts, Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, Charitable Remainder Trusts, Charitable Lead Trusts, Private Foundations, Generation Skipping Transfer Tax, philanthropic planning, planning with concentrated stock positions, incentive benefits, non-qualified stock options, incentive stock options, and restricted stock
• significant experience working with ultra high net worth clients
• strong collaboration skills working with other business groups within UBS Wealth Management to provide a comprehensive and consistent internal client experience
• a network to participate in external activities that raise the profile of UBS Wealth Management in the ultra-high net worth market, particularly among attorneys and accountants as centers of influence
Preferably you also have:
• additional advanced degrees and other relevant professional certifications such as MS in Tax, LLM, CFP, MBA
• familiarity with Number Cruncher.
• able to interact with Senior management, financial advisors , product areas, vendors and field experts
• skilled at working with a high degree of autonomy, set priorities and manage deadlines
• organized and have strong project coordination skills
• a team-player, enthusiastic and positive, polished, poised and professional
• self-motivated and pro-active
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 176329BR
Business Divisions: Wealth Management Americas
Title: Senior Wealth Strategist
City: Century City
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - California
Function Category: Product Management and Development