UBS Financial Services DevOps Engineer in Chicago, Illinois
United States - Illinois
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Do you want to play part in developing a state-of-the-art systems for UBS Asset Management? Do you have the ability to resolve complex issues and think outside of the traditional development box?
We are looking for a Devops engineer to:
• ensure software that vendors develop for UBS Asset Management integrates with the firms infrastructure and data systems while providing value-added benefit to end users in the Front Office
• split time between packaging automated software releases and testing the releases in non-production environments
• use previous financial services domain experience or a deep curiosity to learn, especially around the complex topics of securities, fund structures, and execution and Straight-Through Processing of trades
• guide deliverables through the automated test cycle
• assist the team as a release manager to ensure a smooth transition into the production environment
Trading IT are the owners of order management and execution management software solutions for UBS Asset Management. The team acts as the liaison between the software vendors who create the code and the Front Office personnel who use it to manage UBS AM’s funds. The engineers focus will be on the O’Connor hedge fund and other alternative managers utilizing O’Connor systems within AM. Your role will be based in our Chicago office.
• knowledge of DevOps best practices for automated deployment of code, with ability to create new releases in proprietary UBS systems.
• various test automation programs (eg ALM, Load Runner) including ability to integrate new systems introduced to the bank without direct oversight.
• ability to automate test cases at the UI, API, and data layer, with the clarity to differentiate testing from functional to performance driven cases using web-based services.
• ability to adapt testing structures to virtual environments, distributed computing networks and cloud based apps.
• strong understanding of JIRA, Confluence, ITIL and bank SDLC standards.
• thorough knowledge of software integration via different messaging protocols such as SOAP/XML, along with the ability to scrape customized examples from test environments.
• knowledge of scripting languages for automation and problem analysis; Windows Batch, PowerShell and SQL are required.
• familiarity with infrastructure platforms including Citrix XenApp, Active Directory, Microsoft Windows and SQL server technologies, storage, virtualization, networking and an understanding of how these technologies tie together in the context of supporting and maintaining application infrastructure.
• strong problem analysis skills which will be used to troubleshoot and diagnose complex application problems involving systems and technologies both within and outside of the team’s remit.
• must be prepared to work in an environment with a highly distributed support model where software and platform as a service methodologies are commonplace and enforced.
• flexibility to take on new projects, not have one day be like the next, and work outside of traditional project management frameworks as the role involves close interaction with 3rd party vendors.
• knowledge of cloud deployment for future application migration projects
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.