UBS Financial Services Impact Strategy Engagement Specialist in Chicago, Illinois
Impact Strategy Engagement Specialist
United States - Illinois, United States - New York
Job Reference #:
Chicago, New York
Are you an expert in assessing and valuing a company with strategic engagement/activism potential? Can you
analyze the effect of engagement and present the case for strategic change internally and externally? Are you
familiar with Sustainability and Impact investing? Can you work in a collaborative environment with portfolio
managers, SI researchers, the engagement and stewardship team and investment analysts?
We’re looking for an Impact Strategy Engagement Specialist (Rank: Director/Executive Director) to:
• help identify existing and new holdings within an impact universe that can be improved through robust
• lead strategic engagement by building an analytical case internally in partnership with analysts
• capable of making the case to corporate management and Boards in a succinct and convincing way
• knows how to manage the regulatory and legal issues related to strategic engagement
• understands Board structures and can make recommendations for changes including proxy-driven efforts
• work closely with analysts helping to vet ideas and test inputs
• strong understanding of valuation, risk management and other portfolio systems
• contribute toward the production of ESG and impact assessments
• support and influence business decision making for the Sustainable Equities team
• publish internal reports documenting engagement efforts and outcomes
• be a key member of the Sustainable Equity investment team
• act as a key input and partner to the Lead PM
You’ll be working in the Sustainable Equities team in Chicago or New York. Our team is responsible for managing highly active sustainable portfolios. You would work with the team head on key impact investment strategies that target specific impact categories aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The team manages one of the world's largest public impact equity mandates and is a recognized industry leader in this space.
You will also be closely aligned with, and a partner to the SI investment research team and the Stewardship and
Engagement team. You will be able to work across the firm, leveraging resources with the aim of generating
business model improvement (and alpha) through engagement and strategic activism.
• at least 5 years of experience in an activist/strategic engagement setting
• legal and regulatory knowledge is essential
• background in company analysis is ideal
• capable of being the engagement/strategic activist for Impact portfolios as well as a resource to other
• able to use and leverage the firm's ESG, Impact, Portfolio Construction and research tools
• intellectual curiosity and interest in Sustainability and Impact strategies
• capable of leveraging a broad and complex analytical research platform
• capable and comfortable in a client or prospect setting, effective communicator of investment strategy
• independent thinker but able to function well within a team
• Bachelor's degree, with a post-graduate qualification (MBA and/or JD), CFA is a plus
• Proficient MS Office skills and, other software skills are a plus
• strategic consulting mindset, understanding of business models and strong interpersonal skills
• critical thinker, self-starter, with ability to reach independent conclusions
• collaborative personality, but also with the ability to work independently
• adept at articulating analytical views on and off paper, in a concise and confident manner
• good presentation skills with prospects and clients
• English fluency, any other language skills are a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your Career Comeback:
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback at https://www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/career-comeback/welcome.html .