UBS Financial Services Agricultural Asset Management Analyst in Dallas, Texas
Agricultural Asset Management Analyst
United States - Texas
Management and Business Support, Operations
Job Reference #:
Do you have a strong investment focus? Are you a detailed-oriented multitasker?
We're looking for an Agricultural Asset Management Analyst to be responsible for assisting the Regional Manager in the following:
• management of approximately 38 properties covering more than 105,000 acres valued at more than $415 million; properties are located in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Florida
• origination, evaluation, analysis and recommendation of new farmland acquisitions
• preparation of written investment recommendations and presentation to the Investment Committee
• negotiation of the terms and pricing of new farm investments with sellers
• supervision and management of all due-diligence activities including appraisals, surveys, environmental studies, review of title reports and exceptions, review and platting of legal description, working with local counsel, consultants, etc.
• asset management, leasing, selection and supervision of third party farm managers
• preparation of annual property level budgets
• assessment and approval of property level income and expenses
• preparation and submission of internal deposit and check requests
• evaluation of capital improvement projects; approval and oversight of projects through completion
• scheduling of periodic farm inspections with lessees and managers to ensure performance and compliance with lease terms
• preparation of written reports following inspections
• selection and engagement of independent third party appraisers
• coordinate receipt, management and review of the quarterly valuations from independent third party appraisers
• preparation of annual "hold-sell" analysis reports on each property
• monitor and report on local economic conditions in each area where properties are located.
• preparation of written property sale recommendations and present them to the Investment Committee
• negotiation of the terms and pricing of farmland sales
• supervision and administration of the closing of sale transactions
• maintenance and expansion of the existing network of contacts
• planning tours or shareholder/Board of Director’s meetings on an as needed basis.
• work with Home Office and other Field Offices as needed for various projects
• completing general office tasks including filing, maintaining office supplies, processing UPS shipments, preparing and submitting monthly expense reports, etc.
• travel to appropriate locations where necessary
You'll be a member of the Dallas TX Farmland Asset Management team specializing in the acquisition, management and disposition of agricultural real estate investments. We have over 40 years of experience as an institutional farmland investment team and over 27 years of experience investing on behalf of tax-exempt clients.
• BS or BA degree, Agricultural Business or Economics preferred with emphasis on agricultural studies or real estate.
• strong analytical skills
• effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to present strategy, recommendations, and decisions in a well-reasoned, well documented manner
• time management/organizational skills including ability to prioritize work in order to consistently meet deadlines
• team building - ability to develop open, constructive relationships with others, including peers, property level personnel and clients
• people management – ability to effectively manage internal and external resources
• strong negotiation skills
• strong financial analysis skills with an emphasis on accuracy and thoroughness
• eager to advocate change to achieve core objectives in most efficient and effective manner
• proficiency in Word and Excel
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.