UBS Financial Services Regulatory Relations Manager in Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Regulatory Relations Manager
Management and Business Support
Job Reference #:
Frankfurt am Main
To strengthen the small and highly qualified Regulatory Affairs EMEA team we are looking for a Regulatory Relations Manager (AO/AD). In this role, you will:
• support the head of RA EMEA to effectively coordinate and manage the regulatory relationship for UBS Europe SE including all supervisory interactions and responses to regulatory requests and inquiries
• engage with the Regulatory Affairs teams worldwide as well as with competent regulatory managers within UBS EMEA locations to ensure a consistent approach to regulatory issues
• prepare senior management briefings for regulatory interactions, and help formulate an appropriate approach for regulatory communication
• provide guidance and advice to the business, and control & support functions to react to, and deliver against regulatory requests and inquiries relating to technical matters, special projects and other remediation
• monitor the execution and implementation of remedial actions and provide guidance and strategy in relation to preparation for supervisory reviews and other regulatory activities
• provide support to the regulatory topic coordinator and point of contact across different teams, closely collaborate with other key functional and business representatives
Based on the strong interrelation of regulatory/ supervisory issues with UBS's businesses, the role offers exposure to a vast network of specialists, senior professionals and management across the group.
The Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance (GCRG) function is the competence center for Compliance and Operational Risk Control, Governmental and Regulatory Affairs as well as Investigations and Governance matters. Regulatory Affairs EMEA is responsible for full regulatory management of the direct supervision of UBS Europe SE and its SE branches related to prudential, i.e. risk, finance, treasury, outsourcing, RRP and legal entity structure topics.
• a university degree in a business, finance or legal discipline
• experience working in the financial services sector, ideally in supervision, either in a supervisory authority or the regulatory affairs department of banking institution.
• First experience in direct interaction with financial authorities in a European supervisory environment
• a sound understanding of the financial sector regulatory developments and related concepts and ideas.
• a basic understanding of banking operating models, stress testing, finance framework, risk management as well as the regulatory/ legal environment
• an ability to work with experts across locations / functions; in particular with experts in regulatory, legal, compliance, finance, risk, treasury, and operational fields as well as with business representatives from wealth managers and/or investment banks
• very good communication and interpersonal skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.