UBS Financial Services Financial Crime Compliance Onboarding Analyst in Franklin, New Jersey
Do you want to prevent criminals from abusing the financial and legislative systems? Are you the type who likes to do the right thing? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity?
We are looking for someone who can:
• Assist UBS in the fight against money laundering, fraud, corruption and terrorist financing.
• Ensure enhanced due diligence is conducted on existing and new clients in accordance with Firm Customer Identification Program policies and the USA PATRIOT ACT for predominantly international clients and sensitive domestic clients such as PEPs or those associated with high risk industries or countries
• communicate effectively and maintain relationships with the branch network and Senior Management regarding KYC documentation, clarification of structures and content of account requests
• Identify gaps in policies and processes and liaise as necessary with the team, other business units and stakeholders to resolve the issue
• Proactively assess areas for process improvement and propose/implement changes as needed
• Perform root cause analysis to identify control issues and track trends
• Complete UBS's annual BSA/AML/OFAC training
• Escalate unusual or suspicious activity
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working in the AML Onboarding team within C&ORC Financial Crime Compliance Americas. Our role is to assist UBS in the fight against money laundering, fraud, corruption and terrorist financing.
• 4 year college degree or international equivalent
• 3+ years of AML experience with a broker dealer / financial services / wealth management firm
• Strong knowledge of AML laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA PATRIOT ACT
• Working knowledge of LexisNexis, Factiva, World-Check, case management systems, and/or various compliance related systems
• Excellent verbal/written skills Advanced technology skills
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) certification (preferred but not required)
• Analytical with the ability to provide practical solutions and able to prioritize a diverse workload with multiple deadlines
• Result-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations)
• Highly flexible and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and change directions based on business demands
• Fluent in Spanish/Portuguese/Mandarin/Cantonese (preferred but not required)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 185771BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Financial Crime Compliance Onboarding Analyst
City: Franklin, Jersey City, Nashville, Weehawken
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New Jersey, United States - Tennessee
Function Category: Compliance, Risk