UBS Financial Services Quantitative Risk Methodology Intern in Franklin, Tennessee
Quantitative Risk Methodology Intern
United States - Tennessee
Job Reference #:
Are you someone who is interested in supporting our daily lending value business as well as quantitative risk modelling? We're looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic graduate student to join our team in Franklin, TN Business Center Location in our 10-week summer internship program to support short-term project activities, including:
• Discover cutting-edge techniques and methodological improvement to enhance the performance of the current SBL/ML models implementation
• Implement the automation system to all tasks related to model validation, model confirmation, and model documentation
• Create process and scripts to generate dashboard of relevant portfolio analytics in an automated fashion on a recurring basis
• Perform ad hoc tasks relevant to developing, validating, or evaluating model input, methodology, implementation and output of the SBL/ML models
• Provide modeling and analytical assistance to a line of business and function as day-to-day technical expert
You'll be working in the Risk Methodology Lombard US team. We are responsible in developing and discovering the cutting-edge statistical, financial, and economic modelling techniques and research methodology to improve a Securities-Backed Lending (SBL) and Margin Lending (ML) stress model used in producing forecasted losses as input to the wider CCAR process and providing risk-based monitoring information to Credit Officers for necessary risk mitigating actions.
• Educational degree: Working towards master’s degree or doctoral degree in Finance, Economics, Econometrics, Quantitative Risk Management, Accounting, Business with a concentration in Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other closely related quantitative discipline with the graduation date range between December 2020 and May 2021
• Knowledge: Strong quantitative, statistical, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Technology/programming: There are no specific technology/programming language requirements for this role, but to date, most of our projects have been developed using SAS, R, and SQL. Expertise in alternative programming languages is welcome and encouraged. Dashboard building knowledge and skill is a plus
• Communication: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Personalities and soft skills: Creative and actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the organization; highly motivated; detail-oriented; eager to collaborate closely with colleagues and to participate in initiatives outside of day-to-day task
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.