UBS Financial Services Performance Specialist - Private Real Estate in Hartford, Connecticut
Performance Specialist - Private Real Estate
United States - Connecticut
Job Reference #:
Would you enjoy applying performance measurement to private real estate? Are you excellent at hitting deadlines? Do you like to spend coffee breaks brainstorming ideas with your team?
We're looking for someone like that to bring our firm’s performance analytics capability to the next level. Our team will depend on this person to present custom research, from idea generation to dashboard creation. A successful Performance Specialist will have the flexibility to find trends in our data and to help our team brainstorm ideas in response to fast-paced client requests.
Responsibilities would include:
• advising the Head of Research & Strategy – US
• communicating your findings to Management, internal and external clients
• help our firm stay plugged into the broader US real estate industry
• be curious, at least mildly obsessed with detail, inclusive and professional.
• we may offer potential remote working
You would join the US Real Estate Research & Strategy team, a key part of our investment process covering all major markets and property types in the US. We interpret data and share our ideas in interactive sessions with Portfolio Management, Acquisitions, and Asset Management. We aim to be collaborative and innovative as we lead the development of investment expectations that become the foundation for portfolio development. Day-to-day, our team conducts quantitative modeling, designs presentations, monitors trends, and publishes on hot topics. Our participation is key in helping others to follow economic trends, study real estate markets, support transactions, and benchmark performance. Our group is a component of the Real Estate & Private Markets division of UBS Asset Management. We are focused on bringing traditional number-crunching research into a visualization-based, strategy-focused future.
• work experience with Performance Measurement, including attribution and benchmarking
• answered critical investment questions with data sourced internally and externally
• demonstrated critical thinking and personal drive, reaching out to other departments and data providers in search of answers
• a fondness for public speaking and translating technical language into succinct presentation points
• an understanding of finance, real estate or accounting language
• excellent verbal and written abilities. Fluent English.
• a strong background in Microsoft Excel including knowledge of formulas, graphing, keyboard short cuts, pivot tables, etc
• a natural inclination to study detail and commitment to meeting deadlines
• knowledge of BI software (especially Tableau) or statistical software is desirable but not necessary
• knowledge of NCREIF is desirable but not necessary.
• aspirations to continuously learn new applications and expand your software capabilities
• interest in teaching others and patience when doing so
• an excellent communicator, you know how to speak with people at all levels and across a firm
• a self-starter who is looking for a fun, collaborative team who will support you as much as they challenge you
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.