UBS Financial Services Real Estate & Private Markets - Accounting and Reporting Summer Intern in Hartford, Connecticut
Overview of Real Estate & Private Markets
UBS Asset Management, Real Estate & Private Markets provides a comprehensive range of real estate investment advisory services in a variety of investment structures. Operating through its primary legal entity, UBS Realty Investors LLC., the firm manages USD 32.4 billion of total assets on behalf of over 500 clients in core, core-plus, value-added and participating mortgage strategies as of December 31, 2017.
UBS Realty Investors launched its first open-end real estate fund in 1978 and today has over 200 professionals working in three primary offices in the US. The firm is headquartered in Hartford, CT with regional offices in Dallas, TX and San Francisco, CA.
Our website address is www.ubs.com/realestate.
This position has overall responsibility to support the UBS Global Real Estate US Accounting and Reporting team and activities in Hartford, CT. Specific responsibilities include:
• Support an accounting team with the accounting and reporting for an assigned portfolio of real estate investments.
• Oversee the cash control function for assigned investments, ensuring appropriate cash management.
• Review and analyze balance sheet accounts and fluctuation of net investment income for real estate investments/portfolios and investigate variances.
• Assist with preparation and analysis of quarterly and annual audited financial statements and supporting workpapers for client portfolios. Handle ad hoc reporting requests.
• Participate in the maintenance of financial information management systems affecting investment accounting functions.
• Assist with accounting due diligence audits and the reporting of findings to team management and Investment Committee
• Assist with operational audits of third party management firms. Evaluate internal controls and report findings, including recommendations for improvements.
What we offer:
We can offer a stimulating working environment, a culture of mutual respect and commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards. If you would like to work for a global organization where individual contribution counts and where your ambitions and abilities can make a difference, please apply for this position.
Take the next step:
All candidates must apply on or before November 25, 2018, by sending an email with a resume and cover letter to SH-Non-Employee@ubs.com, make the subject line UBS Hartford accounting internship.
If you have questions, send an email with subject line UBS Hartford accounting internship
to Francesca Debonis at firstname.lastname@example.org, Vasilios Diakogeorgiou at email@example.com and to Jenna Castrovillari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we recruit on your campus and you are required to apply through your Career Services Office, you must also submit a resume and cover letter to SH-Non-Employee@ubs.com.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
• Pursuing a bachelor’s degree with expected graduation date between December 2019 and December 2021, with emphasis on real estate or accounting.
• Strong analytical skills and impeccable attention to detail.
• Understanding of GAAP accounting requirements for investment activities.
• Strong time management skills and efficient utilization of technology.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Candidate must demonstrate a strong scholastic aptitude and an eagerness to learn new subjects.
• Candidate must possess strong spreadsheet, word processing, email and internet skills.
• Candidate should wish to learn more about the real estate business and should be seriously considering a career in the investment accounting profession.
Job Reference #: 183575BR
Business Divisions: Asset Management
Title: Real Estate & Private Markets - Accounting and Reporting Summer Intern
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Country / State: United States - Connecticut
Function Category: Finance