UBS Financial Services Real Estate & Private Markets - Summer Analyst in Hartford, Connecticut
Overview of Real Estate & Private Markets
UBS Asset Management, Real Estate & Private Markets provides a comprehensive range of real estate investment advisory services in a variety of investment structures. Operating through its primary legal entity, UBS Realty Investors LLC., the firm manages USD 32.4 billion of total assets on behalf of over 500 clients in core, core-plus, value-added and participating mortgage strategies as of December 31, 2017.
UBS Realty Investors launched its first open-end real estate fund in 1978 and today has over 200 professionals working in three primary offices in the US. The firm is headquartered in Hartford, CT with regional offices in Dallas, TX and San Francisco, CA.
Our website address is www.ubs.com/realestate.
Summer Analysts will support the Acquisitions, Asset Management, Portfolio Management, Valuations, or Client Service teams based in Hartford, CT. We use this one application for all of the internship positions. Candidates should demonstrate a strong interest in exploring real estate as a career. Interns must have the ability to interact professionally across departments as well as with third-party companies or individuals. Candidates must be enrolled in either a four-year bachelor’s degree program or graduate program with an expected graduation date after August 2019.
Responsibilities may include:
• Review property reporting packages and evaluate variances and trends.
• Assist in the due diligence of potential acquisitions including expense analysis, lease review, and underwriting assumptions and modeling review.
• Assist in writing and pulling data for reply to various client questions and requests.
• Assist in the managing of properties that are either wholly owned or through joint ventures
• Monitor and assess valuation assumptions developed by independent 3rd party appraisal firms
• Assist in the production of reports as well as participation in special projects.
• Review and update of presentation pages for marketing purposes.
• Occasional travel to properties is possible.
What we offer:
We can offer a stimulating working environment, a culture of mutual respect and commitment to maintaining the highest ethical standards. If you would like to work for a global organization where individual contribution counts and where your ambitions and abilities can make a difference, please apply for this position.
Take the next step:
All candidates must apply on or before November 25, 2018, by sending an email with a resume and cover letter to SH-Non-Employee@ubs.com, make the subject line UBS Hartford real estate internship.
If you have questions, send an email with subject line UBS Hartford real estate internship
to Vasilios Diakogeorgiou at Vasilios.Diakogeorgiou@ubs.com and to Jenna Castrovillari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we recruit on your campus and you are required to apply through your Career Services Office, you must also submit a resume and cover letter to SH-Non-Employee@ubs.com.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an equal opportunity employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
• Undergraduate or Graduate students with expected graduation date after August 2019.
• Introductory knowledge of real estate investment activities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft based products, particularly Word and Excel, is a must.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to develop good working relationships with others and be a valuable team player.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Argus Enterprise software skills are not required but would be of value.
Job Reference #: 183571BR
Business Divisions: Asset Management
Title: Real Estate & Private Markets - Summer Analyst
Job Type: Temporary / Contract
Country / State: United States - Connecticut
Function Category: Finance