UBS Financial Services Fund Registration and Disclosure Specialist in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Fund Registration and Disclosure Specialist
Business management, administration and support, Portfolio and fund management, Process, project and program management, Risk
Job Reference #:
Are you motivated in driving the business forward and have a passion for Asset Management in general and the Fund Registration and Fund Document Disclosure process in particular? Are you a conceptual thinker as well as practical in implementation? Do you know how to design and develop a complex process as well as project manage it? We’re looking for someone who can provide a creative approach towards the Fund Registration / Fund Disclosure process mainly in the Asian countries and run project implementation at the same time to support the growth of UBS Asset Management’s fund sales business. You will be part of the Global Fund Registrations team and form the extended arm in Asia. In particular, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
• develop, refine and oversee the Fund Registration / Fund Document Disclosure process in the countries of UBS funds distribution in Asia
• coordinate and supervise the fund registration activities in the APAC region, including but not limited to Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Japan and Taiwan. This entails liaising with the internal stakeholders, external legal counsels and related service providers to support local fund registration and post registration maintenance, as well as the de-registration and communication of all relevant corporate actions and any other communication necessary to comply with the local regulations
• create, maintain and continuously improve Standard Operating Procedures for key processes related to Fund Registration and Fund Disclosure requirements
• implement control processes related to Fund Document Disclosure and ensure UBS AM website as well as other external portals are up to date with the latest fund related documents
• coordinate and troubleshoot as required between Product, Legal and Compliance teams locally and regionally with regards to offshore funds registered in the region
• initiate and oversee outsourcing arrangements as well as vendor relationships as required
You’ll be working for the Global Fund Registrations team based in Luxembourg. The team is responsible for coordination of the cross-border fund registration and distribution activities of UBS Asset Management funds worldwide. The team ensures awareness of and adherence to the local regulatory requirements to allow UBS funds to be marketed in foreign markets.
However, you will be the liaison between the Global Fund Registrations team and the relevant parties in the APAC region and be based on Hong Kong.
– a university degree in economics / business administration (or related field)
– minimum 3-5 years of asset management / project management experience (or similar experience)
– knowledge on fund products (maybe with fund Legal or fund development and management background)
– high level of analytical and process skills
– proven ability to solve problems and get things done
– people management skills and an ability to work with technical teams as well as with senior management effectively
– collaborate across cultures in Europe and Asia
– excellent communication skills including writing, presentation and interpersonal
– project management skills
– experience with MS Visio (preferred)
– collaborative and collegiate with the willingness to undertake all aspects of the role while driving a smooth and effective execution of the task portfolio.
– a detail-oriented fund all-rounder with a passion for developing and implementing new processes
– an excellent communicator
– always professional (but you have the human touch)
– a flexible, resilient team player with a positive attitude
– known for your can-do attitude when tackling daily tasks
– fluent in English, additional languages are a distinct advantage
– be able to deal with Chinese fund documents both traditional and simplified preferred
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.