UBS Financial Services Financial Crime Compliance Testing Analyst in Jersey City, Connecticut
Do you want to keep criminals from abusing the financial system? Are you someone who likes to do the right thing? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity?
We are looking for someone like that who can:
• support the planning, execution and manage delivery of compliance testing reviews of AML and Sanctions internal controls across the first and second lines of defense. Testing will cover all business lines of UBS in the Americas region.
• ensure that all AML and Sanctions policies and procedures are tested from an overall design and operating effectiveness (testing) perspective to ensure AML and Sanctions internal controls are sound, being followed by staff and management, and meet regulatory requirements and expectations
• identify and evaluate the effectiveness of controls designed to address AML or Sanctions risks, provide practical, innovative, and value-added solutions to issues identified, and prepare reports of compliance testing findings for UBS senior management at local, functional and as needed, Group levels
• evaluate comprehensive annual risk assessments, other testing results (e.g., QC, QA, internal audit, regulatory examinations) of our UBS Americas business and control activities, and continuous risk assessments for the UBS evolving risk profile to assist in determining compliance testing priorities
• communicate results of reviews to stakeholders; help stakeholders understand the risk implications of findings, help define appropriate remediation, and consult with management during the remediation to ensure successful issue closure
• develop and draft compliance testing reports summarizing design review and testing results and remediation efforts required by line management to address open issues
• help to develop applicable and appropriate compliance testing methods, processes and templates to be used for specific compliance tests of the various UBS Americas business and control functions and proactively contribute towards developing detailed compliance testing procedures, guidance and FAQs
• Complete UBS's annual BSA/AML/OFAC training
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
We are currently expanding our Financial Crime team in the Tri-State area and are seeking a Compliance Testing Analyst reporting to the Financial Crime Compliance Head of Consolidated Supervision. Our role is to support UBS Financial Crime Prevention in the Americas in achieving its AML and Sanctions compliance objectives. We do this by assessing and testing AML and Sanctions internal control processes within the first- and second-lines of defense for UBS in the Americas region.
• 4 year college degree or international equivalent, with a focus in a finance or internal audit related fields
• 4+ years of experience performing AML and Sanctions compliance testing and/or internal audit/program assessments either at a bank or broker dealer, or consulting to a bank or broke dealer by a consulting/internal audit firm, preferably Big 4
• strong familiarity with the products of one or more of the following businesses areas: investment banking, wealth management, private banking and asset management
• up-to-date industry knowledge of relevant regulations, regulatory expectations, testing concepts and methods (e.g., sampling, etc.)
• strong understanding of Anti-Money Laundering policy and regulations; CAMS, CFE, CIA certification a plus
• analytical, with the ability to provide practical solutions and prioritize a diverse workload with multiple deadlines
• well organized, especially in the areas of testing workpapers, documenting testing results and decision making, as these will be subject to review by internal audit and regulators
• a good team player, and ability to work independently
• an effective communicator with all levels, strong verbal and in writing skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people., Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Job Reference #: 186738BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Financial Crime Compliance Testing Analyst
City: Jersey City, Stamford, Weehawken
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Connecticut, United States - New Jersey
Function Category: Compliance, Risk