UBS Financial Services CUSO Regulation W Compliance Officer in Jersey City, New Jersey
CUSO Regulation W Compliance Officer
United States - New Jersey
Job Reference #:
Are you a Regulation W Subject Matter Expert? Are you capable of building a Regulation W and US Banking regulatory compliance framework across various businesses and divisions? Do you enjoy the engaging with a diverse group of businesses and stakeholders? Do you know how to identify, analyze and assess regulatory risks? Are you capable of undertaking large responsibilities in a demanding, fast paced environment?
We're looking for someone who:
• Has significant experence in building and managing Regulation W compliance programs across a large diverse fininacial institution
• Has experence with advising and designing controls for complex transactions (including Investment Banking) in regards to Regulation W
• Has a strong understanding of how Regulation W applies to both a Foreign bank operating in the US and a US depeository institution
• Lead the enhancement of the CUSO Banking Regulatory Compliance Regulation W framework, including risk assessment, policy and procedures, corporate governance, testing and monitoring, and training
• Conduct compliance oversight reviews of applicable laws, rules, regulations, and controls
• Provide guidance and feedback to team members with respect to applicable regulatory requirements to ensure that compliance programs and testing programs are adequately designed to address potential control gaps, weaknesses, and non-compliance with laws and regulations
• Assist in compliance related matters and specifically articulate the CUSO Regulation W program during examinations and inquiries by the firm's regulators and GIA
• Maintain a working knowledge of current Federal Reserve Board, OCC, FFIEC, FINRA, SEC and state regulatory issues, as well as the company's own written supervisory policies and procedures
• Travel to other UBS locations, as/if necessary
The C&ORC team is a dynamic, driven and diverse team of professionals with oversight responsibility for managing the compliance and operational risks arising from UBS' business in the CUSO. You will report to the CUSO Head of Bank Regulatory Compliance.
You must have:
• A university degree. Preferably in finance, economics, business administration and/or an MBA or JD
• Five to ten years of experience preferably in compliance or other internal control functions that manage Regulation W
• The ability to perform investigative, analytical and credible challenge responsibilities in a high pressure, deadline driven environment
• Strong understanding of all Bank regulations and the critical components of a US bank's regulatory compliance program and how to adapt it to a foreign bank operating in the US
• Knowledge of risk and control assessments and experience in completing how the results influence compliance programs
• Experience in drafting and administrating policies, standards and process documentation
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience and/or knowledge of US regulators (Federal Reserve, OCC, FDIC) and an understanding of regulatory expectations/requirements
• Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills, as well as, proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
• A great communicator – and you know how to handle challenging situations
• Reliable and resilient – challenging situations and conversations don’t scare you
• Motivated, diligent, organized, and able to drive tasks to closure
• Team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills, able to calmly manage conflict and pressure in a demanding, high-volume environment
• Structured, rigorous, analytical and thorough in your approach
• Someone with strong and sound judgment and able to work proactively across large organizations with many different internal stakeholders
• Able to be flexible on responsibilities and prioritizing based on changing internal or external demands
• Experienced in handling sensitive information with a high degree of discretion
• Exceptionally collaborative and able to work well with colleagues at all levels, across first, second and third lines of defense
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.