UBS Financial Services Operational Risk Officer – Control Testing in Jersey City, New Jersey
Operational Risk Officer – Control Testing
United States - New Jersey
Job Reference #:
Are you ready to work in the second line of defense and have experience in testing internal controls? Can you build relationships and influence outcomes, as well as develop and implement innovative solutions?
On the Operational Risk Control Remediation Testing and Thematic Reviews team you’ll be responsible for:
• effectively testing/challenging internal control assessments for the Combined US Operations (CUSO) of UBS.
• liaising regularly with the Heads of the CUSO Operational Risk business-aligned operational risk teams and senior management.
• creating minimum documentation/reporting standards for testing results to inform senior management, internal governance committees, and regulators
• develop and draft compliance testing reports summarizing design review and testing results and remediation efforts required by line management to address open issues
• communicate results of reviews to stakeholders; help stakeholders understand the risk implications of findings, help define appropriate remediation, and consult with management during the remediation to ensure successful issue closure
You'll work in the Operational Risk Control team in Jersey City, New Jersey reporting to the Head of Americas Operational Risk Testing and Thematic Reviews. This is a dynamic, driven and diverse team of professionals, with oversight responsibility for managing the operational risks arising from UBS' business in the CUSO.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant area of study required, advanced degree (MBA, JD) is a plus.
• ideally 5-7 years of prior operational risk experience with a wealth management, broker-dealer, retail and/or private bank, or related experience at a regulatory agency or major consulting firm.
• an excellent understanding of the regulatory environment impacting financial institutions in the operational risk space.
• excellent communication and networking skills – to be successful in the mandate, the role holder will be required to collaborate with senior management in the business and other C&ORC functions, present to senior C&ORC and business management in governance committees, respond quickly to requests from Risk Officers and regulators, handle challenging situations, and manage a large number of stakeholders in order to deliver complex projects within agreed timelines.
• experience in compliance testing, audits and/or quality assurance reviews for a global banking institution is preferred
• team-oriented with strong interpersonal skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.