UBS Financial Services Economist (Data Analysis and Management) in Kraków, Poland
Economist (Data Analysis and Management)
Quantitative Analysis, Risk
Job Reference #:
Does economic and financial data analysis and management excite you? Are you an innovative thinker? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– manage economic and financial data sourced via IT systems from external sources for the consumption of risk stress methodology, scenario generation, and risk modelling
– manage data and systems used by the team in the scenario generation process and modelling
– perform and automate the statistical analysis of macroeconomic and financial indicators required for the calibration of baseline and stress scenarios
– develop and implement econometric models for forecasting financial variables under baseline and stress conditions
– be actively involved in the main regulatory initiatives and thrive on the challenges brought on by the changes in the regulatory landscape
You will be working as part of the global Forecasting and Scenario Analysis team in Zabierzów (Krakow Business Park). Our mandate is the development of macroeconomic and market forecasts and scenarios for stress testing and business planning purposes for UBS and regional entities. This requires a sound knowledge of macroeconomic theory, econometric modelling skills, as well as the interaction with experts and management. Forecasting and scenario analysis for stress testing is a field in continuous development, as it is being increasingly adopted by banks to assess the impact of external shocks as part of risk management and regulatory exercises.
– a degree in a quantitative field (economics, finance, econometrics, big data analytics). MSc or PhD degree is a plus
– 2-3 years of working experience as a macroeconomist, financial economist or data analyst in a financial institution, economic consultancy and/or research institution
– knowledge of statistical modelling software (e.g. R, Eviews, Stata, Matlab). Knowledge of programming languages (C++, Java, Python, …) and TeX-LaTeX is a plus
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– experience with large databases (e.g. data mining, machine learning, …) is a plus
– team-oriented but able to complete tasks independently to a high standard
– a strong communicator, able to clearly explain technical topics to non-technical audience
– structured, organized, and detail-oriented
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.