UBS Financial Services Economist – Stress Testing Team in Kraków, Poland
Does economic analysis and quantitative modeling excite you? Are you an innovative thinker? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– perform economic analysis for the identification and assessment of macroeconomic and financial risks
– develop forecasts for alternative macroeconomic scenarios for business planning and stress testing purposes
– be actively involved in the main regulatory initiatives and resulting new developments
– contribute to the development, validation and implementation of econometrics models for forecasting macroeconomic and financial variables
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working as part of the global Political and Country Risk team in Zabierzów (Krakow Business Park). Our main focus is on the development of econometric models and scenario generators for stress testing. Our team is responsible for all aspects of country risk analysis. Our team covers modelling of global macroeconomic and financial risk and the development of stress scenarios for UBS and its regional entities. The scenarios are developed using a suite of econometric models and involve input from senior management and other experts within UBS. Stress scenarios represent an area of continuous development, as they are increasingly adopted by banks to assess the impact of external shocks on their business and by regulators to assess the resilience of the financial sector and the economy to adverse events.
– a degree in economics, finance or econometrics
– experience involving economic analysis, forecasting or econometric modelling
– knowledge of main econometrics models used for forecasting macroeconomic and financial variables (ARIMA, VAR, ECM, PCA, etc.)
– knowledge of statistical modeling software such as R, Matlab, Eviews and Stata
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills (you know how to figure things out)
– a strong communicator, able to clearly explain technical topics to non-technical audience
– team-oriented but able to complete tasks independently to a high standard
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 166441BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Economist – Stress Testing Team
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Quantitative Analysis, Risk