UBS Financial Services Junior Quantitative Risk Specialist in Kraków, Poland
Junior Quantitative Risk Specialist
Quantitative Analysis, Risk
Job Reference #:
Are you adept at risk matters and familiar with quantitative modelling? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Do you enjoy working in a highly specialized team that develops and delivers stress testing solutions? Then we are looking for you to:
– maintain stress testing methodologies for firm-wide risks of UBS
– use techniques from quantitative risk management, financial mathematics and econometrics to assess and change models
– implement models in R and produce clear documentation
– bring new quantitative modeling ideas to our team to push ahead key projects within UBS
– interact and discuss with key stakeholders (senior model owner, model validation teams and model governance bodies)
You’ll be working in the Stress Methodology team in Krakow, Poland. Our role is to develop, maintain, and apply UBS’ stress testing framework for assessing the impact of global macro-economic scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. The framework captures all risk types across all businesses world-wide. We develop and maintain a suite of scenario-aligned stress risk models, including scenario expansion models, and support diverse additional stress-related activities.
– at least a Master's degree in applied quantitative discipline (e.g. Econometrics, Statistics, Financial Engineering, Economics, Finance, Mathematics)
– experience in Stress Testing or other areas of risk methodology preferred
– sound knowledge of statistical and econometric methods and their applications
– strong analytical, conceptual and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines
– a good understanding of financial markets and the banking business, and
– knowledge of financial accounting is a plus
– ability to respond quickly to ad-hoc management requests
– a great communicator (and you know how to handle challenging situations)
– team-orientation, while able to complete tasks independently to high quality standards
– an expert user of R programming language and other related languages (e.g. Matlab, python)
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.