UBS Financial Services Lead Java Developer in Kraków, Poland
Do you know how to build robust and scalable systems in Java? Are you an innovative problem solver? We’re looking for someone like that who will:
– be a member & leader of an agile team
– deliver real business value by building robust and scalable core Java systems
– devise high level technical architecture for the epics
– provide technical leadership and mentor junior colleagues
– develop high quality, automatically tested code, leading by example
– review design suggestions and ensure the delivered code fulfills the expected level of quality
– take ownership of your delivery, assisting production operations team in rollout and support matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in a global team that develops and maintains a suite of applications that comprise a Collateral Management system in Group Operations IT. It is a cross-product system that assimilates data from across the bank, representing over half of the banks traded products and then both actions and visualizes the risk. Members of this team work closely with Global Collateral Management, as well as traders from all business areas, trade support and business development analysts to provide global solutions for varied business requirements. The system is the basis of the next-generation margin management system.
Technologies/Tools used: Java 8 SE, JMS, GigaSpaces, Hibernate, Tomcat, Junit, Mockito, React.js, REST, Spring , Drools, Git/GitHub, Maven, Linux, JIRA, Rally, TeamCity
– Minimum 5 years developing software utilizing Java
– Minimum 1 year developing software utilizing Spring framework
– Solid Object-Oriented analysis and design skills
– Detailed understanding of core Java concepts
– Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– Hands-on experience with building distributed systems, Java messaging technologies, and databases
– Experience in performing and receiving peer reviews of source code
– Experience building, motivating teams and being a reliable member of a self-organizing team
– Strong organizational and quality assurance skills
– Experience in the financial industry is a plus
– a team player
– committed to excellence
– someone who is technically excellent and can aspire and inspire others to our values and culture
– a very good English speaker
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 182710BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Lead Java Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)