UBS Financial Services Risk Analytics – Development Manager (ED) in Kraków, Poland
Are you a leader of people? Do you enjoy juggling a lot of initiatives? Do you have a knack for problem solving? Do you have an eye for architecture?
We're looking for someone like this to:
– partner with the London team to build and articulate the vision for the Risk Analytics system and team
– lead a development and testing team using open source and iterative techniques
– drive initiatives to deliver great results for business stakeholders and make our department a great place to work
– partner with people across the organization, from traders and quants to operations and risk officers
– local oversight of Polish teams for Finance and Risk and communication of wider UBS strategy
– build local communities to support business and technology insight sharing and career mobility
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Risk Analytics team in Poland. We integrate sophisticated quant models with trade and market data covering UBS' derivative portfolio. We produce portfolio risk for CVA and FVA and also calculate the raw exposure measures that drive UBS' RWA and credit limits. The team works across quant, desk and regulatory teams. As a development manager you will be responsible for leading an excellent and happy team. You will know how to support and develop the team to meet its department and personal goals.
– worked on some large and business critical projects before
– great interpersonal skills being able to communicate vision and values at all levels
– an understanding of what it takes to run large successful teams in financial services
– the mental agility to understand what the project and people working on it need to deliver, figure out what's going to go wrong and fix the problem before it's too late
– the ability to build trust with the project team and influence the project stakeholders
– some of the technical skills below and a passion to improve your knowledge
– software development lifecycles for large scale iterative delivery with automated and manual testing
– application architecture modelling using TOGAF, UML and ERD
– .NET C#, Oracle, Distributed Computing
– the principles behind pricing and risk management of derivative products and credit risk measures
– exposure to some of the following products : Equity Swaps, Equity Options, Exotic Equities, CDS, IR Swaps, FX Options, IR Swaps and Structured Products
– a great communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
– a recognised leader who people look up to
– someone who undertands how complex applications work and can explain in simple terms
– able to build and use networks of people to achieve project success
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 174209BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Risk Analytics – Development Manager (ED)
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)