UBS Financial Services Senior System Analyst in Kraków, Poland
Do you have the ability to interrogate components of an application to understand how they work, and use your experience to recommend enhancements? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– Work with global development team to understand system behaviour for a complex application suite and make recommendations for improvements based upon project priorities
– Assist support teams with troubleshooting system problems. Need to ensure feedback loop is established so that common problems are reported to development team in order to resolve underlying issue. Become a champion for the incremental improvements.
– Use your experience to interrogate application logs, databases, middleware components to understand complex flows and be able to represent these in diagrams to aid knowledge sharing and architectural discussions.
– Have a special interest in databases, and advance skills in optimisation.
– Be interested in agile software development and assist us in a transition to 'DevOps' model within UBS
– Show broad interest in technology trends and attend meetup sessions to learn from others
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Risk and Margin development team in Krakow.
– a university degree in IT discipline
– 6 to 8 years of experience in Software Development / Database administration / Technical Architecture or System Analysis roles
– strong analytical skills
– excellent communication skills to work effectively with internal colleagues from development, business analysis and project management
– good understanding of Investment Banking products and processes
– advanced experience with various databases (Oracle and Sybase required)
– practical knowledge of Unix, Autosys, Shell scripting
– well aware of SDLC and different models such as Agile, waterfall
– experience of working as an individual contributor as well as a team player
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 180987BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior System Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Poland
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)