UBS Financial Services Agricultural Asset Manager in Lodi, California
Agricultural Asset Manager
United States - California
Management and Business Support, Operations
Job Reference #:
Lodi, San Francisco
Do you have a strong interest in agricultural investments? Are you a detailed-oriented multitasker?
We're looking for an Agricultural Asset Manager to:
Analyze agricultural investment opportunities:
•Gathering preliminary data including:
a.Soil, FSA, topo and flood maps and aerial photos.
b.Property Profile data and APN maps.
c.Production records, cultural costs, irrigation data
• Research comparable sales and rents.
• Preparing Letter of Intent.
• Preparing Property Registration Forms.
• Completing Outline for Acquisition Recommendation with related exhibits and present for approval to Investment Committee.
• Negotiate purchase and lease agreements.
• Overseeing the completion of all due-diligence activities including the appraisal, ALTA survey, Phase I environmental survey, review of title reports and exceptions, platting of legal description, working with local counsel, consultants, etc.
• Closing purchase transactions including funding requests, etc.
• Traveling to and inspecting potential acquisitions and tenants as part of the due diligence process.
• Negotiating and documenting lease renewals.
• Developing and refining annual operating budgets for each property.
• Analyzing and formulating recommendations for capital projects.
• Monitoring timely receipt of lease payments.
• Track and input real estate taxes; make sure real-estate taxes are paid in a timely manner.
• Making sure insurance certificates are current.
• Making sure annual crop plans and yield reports are received from tenants.
• Making sure copies of all annual FSA reports and forms are received from tenants.
• Making sure all required well and waste water reports and enrollments are current.
• Preparing Deposit or Check Request Forms.
• Preparing Williamson Act questionnaire forms.
• Maintaining Calendar in Outlook of Action or Follow-Up Items.
• Obtaining appraisal bids, preparing appraiser engagement letters and reviewing/filing appraisal reports.
• Traveling to existing properties to meet with tenants and monitor adherence to lease terms.
• Completing and documenting quarterly property inspections and inspection reports.
• Completing quarterly Field Office Reports.
• Completing annual hold/sell recommendations for each property.
Other or General Items:
• Analyzing and reviewing other transactions outside of the Western Region as part of the Investment Committee.
• Stay abreast of general market conditions, water conditions, land value trends and specific commodity forecasts in the Region.
• Participate in ASFMRA and/or industry meetings or seminars.
• Pursuing and obtaining or maintaining existing appraisal/farm management certification and designations from ASFMRA. This requires taking ASFMRA or other courses for accreditation or continuing education purposes.
• Planning tours or shareholder/Board of Director’s meetings on an as needed basis.
• Negotiating office lease and interacting with landlord, as needed.
• Completing general office tasks including filing, maintaining office supplies, processing UPS shipments, preparing and submitting monthly expense reports, etc.
You'll be a member of the Lodi, California, Farmland Asset Management group.
• BS or BA degree, Agricultural Business or Economics preferred Additional emphasis in finance and/or appraisal is a plus
• strong analytical skills
• effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to present strategy, recommendations, and decisions in a well-reasoned, well documented manner
• time management/organizational skills including ability to prioritize work in order to consistently meet deadlines
• team building - ability to develop open, constructive relationships with others, including peers, property level personnel and clients
• people management – ability to effectively manage internal and external resources
• strong negotiation skills
• strong financial analysis skills with an emphasis on accuracy and thoroughness
• eager to advocate change to achieve core objectives in most efficient and effective manner
• proficiency in Word and Excel
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.