UBS Financial Services Quantitative Risk Specialist in London, Switzerland
Quantitative Risk Specialist
Switzerland, Switzerland - Eastern Switzerland, Switzerland - Northern Switzerland, Switzerland - Zürich, United Kingdom
Quantitative Analysis, Risk
Job Reference #:
Does modeling excite you? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Are you an engaged and motivated personality who likes to understand the big picture? For our risk model validation team we’re looking for a risk specialist who can:
– carry out project-based independent model reviews in line with the UBS model governance policy, notably
– assess a model's conceptual soundness and methodology
– check appropriateness of input data, the model assumptions and parameters, the accuracy of the model calibration, as well as of qualitative or expert adjustments, etc.
– review outcome, impact, or benchmark analyses and/or develop a benchmark model
– perform model robustness analysis and identify and evaluate model limitations
– document the assessment to required standards
– interact and discuss with stakeholders (model developers, senior model owner, business representatives and model governance bodies)
You’ll be working in the Model Risk Management & Control team in Zürich/London. Our team is responsible for the independent review and challenge of risk models used within UBS. The model universe covers market and firm-wide risk models including regulatory capital, economic capital, stress testing and internal risk management applications. Your focus will be on firm-wide and business risk models.
– a Master's or PhD degree in econometrics/statistics, (financial) mathematics, or a related quantitative field
– ideally, first experience through internships or a previous role in model development or validation, or relevant academic experience
– an understanding of financial markets and the banking business and/or knowledge of financial accounting and balance sheet dynamics
– excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics clearly and intuitively, both written and orally
– proficient in statistical models, relevant modeling software, and the implementation of models
– co-operative and team-orientated, while being able to motivate and organize yourself and complete tasks independently to high quality standards and in time
– fluent in English, oral and written
– ideally familiar with PPNR models
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS HR Recruiting Switzerland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.