UBS Financial Services 2019 Apprenticeship Program Compliance and Operational Risk Control in London, United Kingdom
You’ll help us protect our reputation, financial health and long-term interests by helping us identify, measure and control risks. This collaborative team needs a multitasker who is comfortable working on lots of different projects.
• provide information for decision-making purposes including analyses and concepts, reports and proposals, and minutes from meetings, conferences and events
• give visibility and status updates on a regular basis to senior management and other stakeholders
• collaborate closely with the other team members and Group Risk Control stakeholders to actively manage day-to-day activities and see that delivery accountability is in place
• support the team in collecting critical documents, presentations and other communications, ensuring appropriate messaging
• work on all aspects of administration from creating and updating presentations, to preparing communications for and reporting to internal stakeholders
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working as part of a global team based in London. Compliance and Operational Risk at UBS work to control and challenge the Business to prevent errors and misconduct. The Chief Information Security Office at UBS have the responsibility for information security, data protection and cyber defense.
You need to have completed you’re a-levels or equivalent by September 2019 and achieved 104 UCAS Points along with a level 5/6 in English Language and Maths GCSE. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
plan, organize and communicate well
make things happen
stick with a task
work in a team
come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
For the first 18 months of your apprenticeship you will be studying towards the compliance and risk officer level 3 Apprenticeship qualification. You will then have the opportunity to progress onto various different high level apprenticeship schemes, where you have the potential to gain the equivalent to a bachelors undergraduate degree, one option could be the Compliance in Financial Services Level 6 Apprenticeship.
What you could go on to do…
Your career development and professional qualifications don’t stop after the Apprenticeship. Focused and determined individuals will be able to attain further qualifications.
How you will be supported…
You will be supported by a junior member of the sales team together with support from the program, your line manager, team, mentor and HR.
Who we are looking for…
• Genuine interest in financial services
• Driven, hard-working and keen to take on new challenges
• Reliable and strong attention to detail
• Basic knowledge of MS Office
• Eager to solve problems, make things happen, stick with a task and work in a team
• Think about how things you’ve achieved match what we’re after
• Excellent organisational skills & multi tasker
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Strong communication skills with ability to convey information clearly, accurately and succinctly.
• Professional behaviour – dependable, reliable and accountable for own behaviour.
Job Reference #: 186433BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: 2019 Apprenticeship Program Compliance and Operational Risk Control
Application Deadline: 05-Apr-2019
Type: New Business Apprenticeship
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Compliance