UBS Financial Services Front Office Big Data Engineer in London, United Kingdom
To architect, design and develop a strategic green field big data platform that will manage the results of the live and batch market risk calculation, (PnL and Greeks). The enterprise platform will give data scientists, traders, risk managers access to streaming and end of day data for analysis, time series, trends and eventually machine learning. Identifying and developing the architecture of the platform is a key part of the role, as is hands on development. The cloud based technology stack is centred on the Apache big data stack, Hadoop, HDFS, Kafka and Spark.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The project is a joint venture between the investment bank trading business with and IB Group technology. It involves a combined team of data quants with some of the bank's best technologists. You will work alongside other experts on a genuinely ground breaking project with the latest cloud based big data technologies. As a key part of the team you will contribute to architecture and direction of the project. The team is expected to grow from about 15 to aprox 50 in size, with 15 of those roles in London, the rest being Pune, Krakow and the US.
The project demands a big data specialist engineer, with technical background and an enthusiasm for hands on technical work as well as strong communication and management skills for the growing team. They will need to demonstrate expert skills in any modern development language. An enthusiasm for learning the innovative technologies is key. We don’t expect expertise in all technologies we are using, but a proven track record and passion in this field is very important.
· Apache Big data - Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Parquet, Kudo, Impala, Storm, Ignite, Cloudera, Hortonworks, HD Insight, Data Bricks
· Streaming Processing with Kafka, Flink or similar
· Data-analytics/Big data - timeseries analysis, linear regression, stats, data cubes and aggregation. Cross tabulation and pivoting of data.
· Business analysis skills - capability to find a problem in large complex numerical data.
· Leadership potential - a growing team will need leadership and project management
· Adept communicator - communication is key to a large project's success, both written and spoken.
· Python, Java - core of project is written in python and Java
· Python Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, R - data analytics libraries used heavily, particularly pandas.
· Linux - system runs on Linux, development uses Linux intensively. Git is used for code management
· No sql databases (we use Mongo and Cosmos)
· Strong business knowledge is advantageous - FX, Rates, Credit, Equity or Securities products knowledge - market risk, PnL, VaR etc. Technical experts without this domain understanding are also welcome.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 185026BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Front Office Big Data Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)