UBS Financial Services GFS Risk and Margin IT Java Developer in London, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable Java based applications? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– analyse business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– test unit and integration of components for integration into larger subsystems
– support the IT Application owner in resolving high-priority defects and deploying fixes to production systems
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Software Component Manager
– collaborate with other global IT teams
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the global dispersed GFS Risk & Margin IT team . We are a team of highly motivated individuals with a passion for technology and business. Our group is responsible for developing and maintaining systems that calculate margin for clients and internal risk reports for the Global Financing Services (GFS) group.
banking and product knowledge around Equities, Bonds, FX and Exchange traded derivatives.
a willingness to learn new business concepts, to challenge information and proven abilities to codify business rules
– experience with Java multithreading libraries and techniques, modern development tools and systems (ideally Git, Maven, JIRA, TeamCity, Nexus), and web services (RESTful and SOAP)
– expertise in generic computing science including algorithms, data structures and design patterns
– clean coding and refactoring skills with excellent problem solving ability
– proficiency in relational and non-relational databases with proper usage classifications
– knowledge of highly scaling messaging systems
– strong knowledge of core Java, server side java (j2ee) and web based applications
- hands on experience with Tomcat, WebSphere based applications.
– end to end web application development experience
– good knowledge of Spring/Spring boot
– good knowledge of Hibernate or any other ORM tools
– good communication and team collaboration skills.
– imaginative and creative with emerging technologies and an ambassador for test- and behaviour-driven development
– able to improve older code bases, as well as apply modern best practices to new projects
– curious and collaborative, comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
– fluent in Java 6/7/8
– fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 183252BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: GFS Risk and Margin IT Java Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)