UBS Financial Services Global Equities Risk IT Software Engineer in London, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you challenge the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Help designing and building critical components to successfully deliver solutions
– Work with a global team of analysts, engineers and business stakeholders
– Take ownership and drive deliveries within a supportive team environment
– Embrace the complex derivatives on the platform and enjoy the challenge of simplifying and rationalizing them
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working as part of the Global Equities Risk IT team that is spread across the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. This team is responsible for building and supporting systems used by the Global Equity Derivatives business.
The London based team will focus in particular on the real-time risk management system, and the infrastructure ecosystem supporting it. These include the market data & parameters store and the position store – which is critical to the Equities business. Technologies championed include Java, C# (for UI layer), Gemfire for real-time caching and proprietary leading edge real-time data distribution technology.
– Minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on experience in the development, design, maintenance and integration of software solutions
– Proficiency in core Java programming, data structures and algorithms
– Familiar with automated testing, acceptance testing, TDD, BDD
– Experience with Gemfire or Apache Geode desirable but not mandatory
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work
– The ability to resolve production issues escalated to you
– Experience with the full software development life cycle predominantly with agile methodologies
– Experience in the financial services industry desirable but not essential
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work together with stakeholders
– You have a minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering, computer science, mathematics or an equivalent technical degree
– A Software craftsperson focused on delivering clean code
– Enjoying problem solving, tackling new problems
– Proactive, keeping stakeholders well informed of development effort status
– Comfortable working with Agile teams in a fast paced environment
– Comfortable interacting with both technical and non-technical personnel
– Skilled at recognizing system deficiencies and implementing effective solutions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 180795BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Global Equities Risk IT Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)