UBS Financial Services Global One Developer in London, United Kingdom
Are you an experienced Global1 Developer ? Are you passionate about delivering robust and scalable systems ? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We're looking for a Global1 developer like that who can help us :
– work with business users and operations team to understand their business needs and addressing production questions
– analyze business requirements, design and implement solutions, and develop software components as defined by the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
– make sure that produced code is secure, stable and operational before handover to the Develpment Manager
– define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
– share knowledge among team members
– collaborate with other global IT teams
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Global1 development team in London. The team is responsible for delivering solutions on Global1 for the Securities Lending Business globally. You will provide support to the global application support team as an experienced developer.
– worked with Global1 in a similar position before
– proven track of Perl/SQL/MQ/Java/Unibasic on Unix; using UNIX utilities and shell scripting
– additional experience with following technologies/processes/methodologies or equivalent : JDBC, JIRA ,EMS ,Confluence, Build tools.
– debugging and reverse engineering skills
– ability to deliver good quality accurate solutions to tight time-scales
– proven experience in software development for an investment bank or financial service
– open minded to work in projects developed in various versions of technologies/frameworks
– an excellent communicator with experience in collaborative environments
– skilled at improving older code bases, as well as applying modern best practices to new projects
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 173156BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Global One Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)