UBS Financial Services Java Developer - FX Derivatives IT in London, United Kingdom
Java Developer - FX Derivatives IT
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Full Time, Part Time
Are you a first-string Java developer with experience in the FX markets? As part of FX Derivatives IT your main objective is evolving and enhancing our application stack which processes the entire FX option flow business.
– Collaborate with the Quantitative Analytics group to integrate new valuation models into our stack
– Help deliver on strategic initiatives to support the growth of our FX option business
- Speak to traders and business analysts to specify new requirements and propose solutions
– Work with other developers to implement robust and well-tested solutions
Build and improve applications which cover the entire life cycle of FX options, including market data feeds, option pricing and life cycling of options
Work both on server-side, performance critical Java application development as well as on GUI development using Swing and JavaFX
– Do level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
- We will consider candidates on 100% or 80% FTE
You’ll be working in the FX Quant Developer IT team either in Zurich, Switzerland or in London, UK. In our team, we build and improve the derivatives pricing component for the FX option business, tools that traders use to mark volatility surfaces and trading assistant use to life cycle options. In short, we work on the components that constitute the backbone of our electronic trade capture channels which offer FX/PM Vanilla end Exotic option trading to internal and external clients and exchanges. In addition, our team drives strategic initiatives which cover all areas of FX derivatives IT.
- experience in designing, specifying and continuously evolving complex IT systems
– applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability
– strong communication skills, to both technical and non-technical audiences
– strong Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming, Java Swing and JavaFX
- a solution-oriented, motivated and self-challenging personality
– knowledge and experience of exotic financial products, preferably FX derivatives is a plus
- someone who enjoys mathematics and finding solutions to complex problems
– familiar with good software engineering practices
– comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
– able to assess new ideas and provide implementable solutions
– passionate about what you do. You value excellence, learning and integrity
– someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.