UBS Financial Services Java Software Engineer in London, United Kingdom
You will be working in an interdisciplinary team that develops the software the Investment Bank relies on to process millions of trades being done daily.
Is clean code something you strive for every day? Do you have fun spotting things that can be improved (and then tackling them)? Do you take pride on being a Software Craftsperson?
We're looking for someone like that to:
– be part of a Scrum team working on delivering business value through Software
– analyze business requirements and design solutions
– collaborate to refine user requirements though Specification by Example (SBE) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
– implement changes in the system by following good programming principles
– collaborate with other global IT teams (and sometimes travel there)
– assist production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in a London based team of 5-6 people that develops a suite of applications that comprise Securities Clearing & Settlement and Corporate Actions systems in Group Technology. The systems are the backbone of the bank, supporting the trade lifecycle in our Investment Bank. Members of this team work closely with their Operations team partners to provide global solutions for varied challenging business requirements.
Our team cares deeply about continuous improvement of the development process through automation. We use Continuous Integration for quick feedback cycles and are currently working on achieving Continuous Delivery. Collaboration is highly valued and pair programming is common practice.
We use Scrum and apply Agile practices. You'll have Software Craftsmanship at the heart of what you do, striving for quality and efficiency through automation.
We value continuous learning and encourage attendance at Conferences (QCon, Devoxx, etc) and internal Hackathons and Developer Meetups. There is also considerable formal and informal opportunity to learn financially how a bank works.
– strong experience with Java programming
– clean coding and refactoring skills with great problem solving ability
– experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– hands-on experience with Agile practices, like Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development (you do TDD as if you meant it!)
– the willingness to strive for continuous improvement
– a profound appreciation for testing and experience in writing all levels of tests
– the craving for learning and the disposition to share knowledge and collaborate
– great communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
– experience of event driven architectures
– experience of Oracle database development
– interest in distributed systems and writing resilient software
– imaginative and creative, ready to try new things
– able to work on and improve older code bases, as well as to apply modern best practices to new projects
– willing to work with and contribute to teams with different skillsets
– proactive, comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements
– fluent in English
Our current technology stack:
• Java 8
• In-memory caching
• A Puppet based internal deployment tool
We are moving towards:
• Stream processing
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people., Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Job Reference #: 185979BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Software Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)