UBS Financial Services Macro/FX Strategist in London, United Kingdom
Your role :
We’re looking for someone like that who can join us as a Macro/FX Strategist, based in London to generate investment ideas and contribute to the team's publications. The strategist would be part of a larger team responsible for the outlook and trading strategies across asset classes, with special emphasis on G10 FX (and to a lesser extent CEMEA EM FX).
• Generate and promote trading strategies in G10 FX primarily - but also across asset classes - based on fundamental macro analysis.
• Interact with trading and sales in marketing the team's output and engage in constant dialogue with them.
• Build a client network with internal and external clients to gain greater insight into market trends and client needs.
• Provide customized analysis for various institutional clients and recommend specific trade ideas based on the clients' objectives and constraints.
• Navigate several data bases, price sources and analytical platforms to build valuation tools and perform in depth analysis in FX and other asset classes.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
This strategist will report into Lefteris Farmakis and will be a part of a highly rated team, spread across Singapore, London & NY. The team collaborates very closely with economists and other macro strategists, and interacts constantly with internal sales and traders. The team is ably assisted by a group of offshore research associates who help with everything from analysis, charts, to production of publications.
• Strong academic pedigree, preferably with a Masters' degree in Economics and/or Finance from a Top Tier University.
• 1-3 years of work experience in a capital markets, investment banking, asset management, or research / strategy capacity.
• Write in a clear and concise manner to communicate strategy views and recommendations.
• Ability to write well and frequently without an editor is a minimum requirement, as is comfort with econometric modelling and spreadsheets.
• Knowledge of statistical and econometric techniques is a must, and proficiency in the use of relevant software languages is an advantage.
• A natural intellectual curiosity and stamina to keep ahead of varied, large and quickly changing markets will help the candidate make the most of this attractive growth opportunity.
• A person with a deep hunger to succeed with clients as a part of a closely knit global team.
• A person with a deep passion and interest in macroeconomic trends and their impact on FX markets in particular.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 186760BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Macro/FX Strategist
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Research