UBS Financial Services Operational Risk Manager in London, United Kingdom
Are you an expert when it comes to performing second-line-of-defense activities? Do you ‘think on your feet’, balancing commercial objectives with legal, regulatory and ethical considerations? Do you advocate for the importance of operational risks?
We’re looking for an Operational Risk Manager to:
• be the hub for C&ORC OR activities, working with CORC Functional ORMs, Chiefs of Staff, Project teams and Risk/management committees to consolidate information, coordinate communications and oversee broader OR processes
• oversee the implementation of the Operational Risk Framework within the CORC COO area and support divisional projects and issues
• maintain an overview of audits/deep dives/reviews and manage functional approvals and acceptance of audit items
• monitor issue and action plans to ensure they are sustainable and that closure processes are completed in a proper and timely manner
• liaise with IMT/SOX teams to remediate any shortcomings arising out of reviews / testing
• pprovide support in the implementation and oversight of the Issue lifecycle, ICAP and KPC review processes
• promote timely update of reporting systems and proper completion of documentation
• provide relevant OR reporting and end of month statistics to business areas through automated systems
• deliver projects which have an OR component and provide input to planning, meetings and approaches to ensure that the framework is considered and applied
• maintain the Regulatory Process Management Framework for C&ORC
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Compliance and Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) COO team in London. We are responsible for the effective operation of the C&ORC function including strategic initiatives; C&ORC Reporting; financial control; operational risk management; business management; and management support for the Heads of the C&ORC units.
You'll play an important role in helping us develop risk mitigating measures, controls and adequate remediation plans are in place for the COO function, and the broader C&ORC function, as well as supporting the provision of high quality Operational Risk data.
• ideally 7 years of experience in Operational Risk Management
• analytical, with the ability to provide practical solutions for minimizing risk
• result-oriented and assertive (you don’t shy away from challenging situations)
• excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
• the ability to coordinate senior stakeholders and colleagues to consolidate information against tight deadlines
• the ability to coach and lead colleagues at all levels firm wide, to successfully educate and embed our processes and approaches
• good working knowledge of the local regulatory environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people., Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Job Reference #: 186412BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Operational Risk Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Risk