UBS Financial Services Portfolio Manager/Development Engineer, Systematic & Index Investments in London, United Kingdom
Portfolio Manager/Development Engineer, Systematic & Index Investments
Portfolio and fund management
Job Reference #:
Do you want to develop your expertise in systematic and indexed investments by working within our leading portfolio management team? Do you have a strong interest in technology and innovation and want to be a part of a growing international team and a successful investments business? We are looking for someone like that to:
• Help to further develop and maintain our core infrastructure for research and portfolio management in close collaboration with quantitative analysts, portfolio managers and dedicated IT teams
• Propose and contribute to the implementation of new tools to support portfolio management activities
• Assist on proprietary technology platform to deliver enhanced functionality and scalability to the business
• Initiate and drive ongoing improvements of our investment management processes and proprietary portfolio management systems, in addition to other ad hoc project work
• Contribute to the development of new investment strategies
You will be working in the Systematic & Index Investments Team, part of UBS Asset Management, a business division of UBS. The team has experienced significant asset growth from our global client base over recent years and is responsible for managing a total AUM of CHF 252bn (as at 30th September 2018). We continue to execute plans for further expansion to strengthen our well established position in the market.
You will have a unique opportunity to work with our key experts, who manage quantitative, systematic and rules-driven strategies. You will have exposure to a wide range of products and multi-asset funds. You will also have an opportunity to regularly interact with various colleagues within our global platform and report directly to one of the senior investors in the team.
• At least 5 years of experience in a financial services institution with strong emphasis on platforms and technology and a keen interest in financial markets
• Excellent programming skills with experience of Python/Matlab, C#.NET and SQL
• A working knowledge of Scala, Hadoop or other new technologies would be an advantage
• Familiarity with modern cloud computing - Azure, distributed computing and devOps practices a big plus
• A meticulous attention to detail, numerical accuracy under pressure and timely delivery
• Good communication and presentation skills
• A strong academic background from a leading institution; numerical-based degree desirable
• Calm and accurate under pressure and able to manage and prioritise your workload effectively (a great multi-tasker)
• Ideally a holder of the CFA designation or working towards this
• A solution-oriented thinker, who can use their initiative and communicate confidently
• Fluent in English (a second language, especially German, would be an advantage)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.