UBS Financial Services Risk IT Business Analyst for Global Equity Derivatives in London, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you challenge the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate and enjoy problem solving? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Help designing and improving critical components to successfully deliver solutions
– Work with a global team of analysts, engineers and business stakeholders
– Take ownership, coordinate initiatives and drive deliveries within a supportive team environment
– Embrace the complex derivatives on the platform and enjoy the challenge of simplifying and rationalizing them
Risk IT Business Analyst for Global Equity Derivatives
Country / State:
Information Technology (IT)
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working as part of the Global Equities Risk IT BA team that is spread across the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific. This team is responsible for gathering and refining requirements, working with development teams on design and solutions and designing and executing tests for Risk Systems by the Global Equity Derivatives business.
The London based team will focus in particular on problems and issues that arise from the EMEA trading desks and business functions. This team will be expected to work as a team with the development teams, and be an active collaborator with the trading desks (from helping them address simple issues to working on longer term larger business-driven or regulatory projects). Members of the BA team are expected to be proficient users of the IT systems they represent so they can assist both business stakeholders and development teams in improving and testing the systems. BA team acts as an owner of delivery process and is expected to identify bottlenecks and optimize them by involving relevant parties.
– Minimum of 3-4 years of experience in Business Analysis, ideally in an IT-focused environment
– Strong analytical and natural problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work
– Enjoy working with data, knowledgeable in data gathering and analysis tools & techniques (SQL, VBA, Python)
– The ability to resolve production issues and problems escalated to you
– Experience with the full software development life cycle predominantly with agile methodologies
– Experience in the financial services industry desirable but not essential
– Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work together with stakeholders
– You have a minimum of a Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering, Computer science, Mathematics, Economics or an equivalent technical degree
– A self-starter, with a strong passion for delivering efficient and sustainable business solutions
– Enjoying problem solving, tackling new problems
– Proactive, keeping stakeholders well informed of analysis and development effort status
– Comfortable working with Agile teams in a fast paced environment
– Comfortable interacting with both technical and non-technical personnel
– Skilled at recognizing system deficiencies and testing effective solutions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people., Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Job Reference #: 186841BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center