UBS Financial Services Sales & Trading Lawyer - Director in London, United Kingdom
– Working on non-standard transactions in business areas including Rates, FX, Credit, Structured Funding, Emerging Markets products and Equities
– Providing support in respect of standardised trading, including approval of templates
– Providing confident, clear and concise advice to colleagues within the Sales & Trading team and the supporting Legal team
– monitoring legal and regulatory developments of relevance for the investment banking business
– acting as point of entry for legal and regulatory matters, supporting business areas in implementing the regulatory framework
– working in a cross-product team in our investment bank, advising on capacity, authority and enforceability of netting for trading arrangements
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Complemented by external counsel, we support the Front Office in the negotiation and documentation of products covered by Sales & Trading Legal.
We also manage the legal risk arising from business supported by the team. Particular business areas covered are Rates, FX, Credit, Structured Funding, Emerging Markets and Equity Products.
- a degree in law and are English or Commonwealth law qualified
– 2-5 years post-qualified experience in international banking or in an international law firm
– an interest in complex legal and regulatory issues
– a high degree of technical ability and understanding of ISDAs, GMRAs and other common trading agreements
– a great communicator with strong interpersonal skills
– able to cooperate with and manage external legal counsels in ensuring receipt of high quality advice
– a good self-starter; able to manage workload independently under time constraints, but with good judgement to know when to raise flags to senior team members
– Confident and capable, with a personality to match
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people., Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Job Reference #: 186665BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Sales & Trading Lawyer - Director
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Legal