UBS Financial Services Senior FX eTrading Developer in London, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We’re looking for someone like you to help us. You will
– Analyze business requirements and design and implement solutions
– Work as part of a small onshore scrum development team
– Collaborate with other global Technology teams
– Do level 3 Support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the FX Cash Execution Technology team in London. The FX Execution and Pricing teams are working on the build-out of our strategic FIX API and internal FX Pricing platforms, replacing our legacy infrastructure. The programme of work has a very high profile and is recognised to be a key part of our business strategy over the next couple of years
– strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming with excellent design and problem solving skills (hands-on experience in the following areas (as a plus): building distributed systems and/or Java messaging technologies)
– hands-on experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
– applied solutions to cater for non-functional requirements including stability, capacity and scalability and manageability.
– experience working closely with your business partners to elicit initial requirements and then iteratively refined these to remove any ambiguity. In fact, you feel comfortable picking up any tasks required to deliver a feature as you have developed a well-rounded skill set through your involvement in all aspects of software delivery.
– strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and ability to work as part of a global team
– passionate about what you do, you value excellence, learning and integrity, you like a work environment that places emphasis on team work, collaboration and delivering business value while working at a sustainable pace. Most importantly you are someone who is technically excellent and can aspire, and inspire others, to our values and culture
– proactive, detail-oriented and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast paced deliveries and changing requirements.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people., Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Job Reference #: 186719BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior FX eTrading Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)