UBS Financial Services Software Engineering Lead –Global Equity Derivatives Solutions Trading in London, United Kingdom
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Will you question the status quo? Do you have the drive to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– Lead a highly skilled development team split over 3 regions working on a Java 8 / Python 3 / RESTful Web service / React / Oracle / Linux / Git / Teamcity / Puppet technical stack
– Work directly with the trading and structuring desks to take our global cross-asset and award winning client platforms to the next level.
– Own and drive deliveries setting the architectural vision and nurturing a supportive team environment
– Be comfortable within a fast moving Agile team delivering in weekly cycles
– Embrace the complex derivatives on the platform and enjoy the opportunity to simplify and rationalise them
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working as part of the Solutions Trading development team in London. The London team is part of a broader global team delivering multiple award winning technology solutions for the Dynamic Strategies and Actively Managed Certificates business areas. Dynamic Strategies are algorithmic products that observe market movements and drive performance according to prescribed criteria. Actively Managed Certificates are a convenient wrapper that allows a third party investment manager to package a strategy in a UBS issued note that can easily be distributed to multiple investors.
– Multiple years' experience managing high performing agile software engineering teams
– Strong server-side Java development skills, including expertise in multi-threaded programming and RESTful web services and a desire to remain technical
– Familiarity with the derivatives business domain and day-to-day experience of working directly with the front office
– Experience of working closely with senior business stakeholder, excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work as part of a highly motivated global team
You may have:
– Prior experience delivering Dynamic or Quantitative Investment Strategies or other relevant experience in quoting or risk
– Experience with cloud migrations
– Web frontend experience; HTML5,ECMA Script 6, React / Redux, AngularJS
– Experience with test automation (Selenium, Cucumber)
– A proven technical leader with a clear view of how to deliver success for your clients
– Comfortable heading multi-region high performing teams and shaping the architectural vision
– An excellent communicator with strong internal client relationship skills and experience of delivering to the front office
– Passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
– Proactive and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements as client opportunities emerge
– Keen to learn and adopt new technologies
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 183410BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Software Engineering Lead –Global Equity Derivatives Solutions Trading
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United Kingdom
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)