UBS Financial Services IT Software Engineer (Java/J2EE) - IB Core in Mumbai, India
Are you passionate about building robust and scalable core Java server systems? Are you motivated to deliver real business value? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Analyze business requirements and design solutions
• Work as part of an onshore scrum development team
• Collaborate with other global IT teams
• Do level 3 support, assisting production operations team in rollout and support-related matters
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working within the IB Core Services team, responsible for delivering trade reporting and order recordkeeping capabilities for the IB. This is a global team of experts, providing new technology, best in class solutions.
• Core Java (collection, Data Structures, multi-threading, Serialization, Design Patterns, exception handling and gc)
• J2EE (Spring ,Spring Boot and Spring IoC framework)
• J2EE - Hibernate/JDBC/Native queries
• J2EE – Kafka , Webservices (Spring Rest)
• Understanding of basic algorithms
• Should be very comfortable with using basic features of Java 8 (like Streaming, Lamdas etc. )
• Sound knowledge of relational databases, including schema design and advanced queries
• Junit and Code Coverage
• Unix scripting and maven, nexus deployment tools, scripting
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming
• Good experience with OOAD and Design Patterns
• Understands the concept of continuous integration and continuous deployment. Familiar with the tools like Teamcity/Jenkins.
• Experience in writing various kind of test – unit / integration / behavior / acceptance. Have used api / tools / frameworks like Junit / Mockito / TestNG / JBehave / Cucumber
• Know-how of agile development practices (Scrum,Pair Programming etc)
• Strong Analytical / Logical Skills
• Excellent understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle process (Agile)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A proven track record of accepting responsibility and commitments
Good to have:
• Experience on Camel / Apache MQ / Maven
• Experience on Cassandra / Hadoop / Spark
• Experience on Hibernate or any other ORM
• Should be familiar with confluence : should appreciate the value of documentation and participate in documentation exercise at regular frequency
• Should be familiar with Jira lifecycle and should appreciate the value of updating the jiras regularly
• Familiarity with analyzing heap dumps would be an added advantage
• Should be comfortable with in dealing with (analyzing) huge volume of data sets ( millions)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 168061BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: IT Software Engineer (Java/J2EE) - IB Core
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)