UBS Financial Services Java Developer in Mumbai, India
Are you motivated to deliver comprehensive technology solutions to complex business challenges? Are you a multitasker and experienced in developing web based IT application using Java/J2ee? Then we are looking for someone like you to develop and maintain IT applications in the Compliance and Operational Risk (C&ORC) IT organization. You will be contributing by:
• Develop and maintain Java based web applications.
• Manage and maintain code repositories
• Prepare & maintain automated deployment scripts
• Maintain Dev & Test servers and keep them in sync
• Provide details to Technical Lead & BA to prepare Tech design as well as Requirement Specification documents
• Ensuring on time delivery of your tasks assigned by Tech lead & project manager
• Participate in daily scrum and provide updates on work assigned.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be working in the Compliance & Operational Risk IT team based in Mumbai. In recent years, regulatory requirements for firms in the financial services industry have become more comprehensive and complex. Litigations are continuously on the rise, violations are being vigorously investigated and a number of firms have faced highly publicized and expensive sanctions.
Our role is to design and implement innovative IT solutions that ensure these complex regulatory requirements are tracked through to solution as well as provide any information necessary to stakeholders to ensure all requirements are ultimately satisfied. We are a global IT team with locations in the US, UK, Switzerland and India while supporting internal clients throughout the world.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
• Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science.
• Good knowledge and hand on experience Java/J2EE based application.
• Experience working on different J2EE frameworks like spring, struts as well as ORM tools like Hibernate, iBatis, JPA.
• Work experience on developing and maintaining Java/J2ee based applications.
• Good experience on Application/ Web servers. Websphere/Tomcat preferred.
• Experience on build/Integration tools like Maven, Gradle, and Ant.
• Experience on SQL & PL/SQL with Oracle11g/12g.
• Basic knowledge on Shell & Perl Scripting.
• Experience working in a highly regulated global environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
• Project experience in Operational Risk area would be a plus
• Oracle certified Java programmer preferred.
• Analytical skilled person who manages to cope with complex challenges in software engineering.
• A self-reliant person and motivated to overcome any obstacle.
• Willing to go the extra mile.
• Experienced in large organizations working with globally spread teams
• Knowledgeable of banking products
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people., Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Job Reference #: 186807BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Java Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: India
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)