UBS Financial Services Client Onboarding Specialist in Nashville, Tennessee
Client Onboarding Specialist
United States - Tennessee
Job Reference #:
Are you incredibly organized with an eye for detail? Do you have a client service orientation and a high risk awareness?
As a Client Onboarding Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting salespersons across different markets, covering both domestic and international client accounts, while facilitating the front-to-back onboarding of new & existing clients. You will also be a key player on the team to ensure that all information provided for the client is corroborated with supporting documentation as required by laws, regulations and UBS internal policies.
– onboarding high revenue clients (Global Strategic Partners) to the Investment Bank
– review incoming documents for clients according to UBS KYC /Anti-Money Laundering Program (AML) policies
– perform basic and enhanced due diligence KYC screenings for new and existing customers
– co-ordinate the negotiation of legal agreements
– escalate issues to management as appropriate
– liaise with internal teams to discuss UBS KYC/AML requirements and document client information
– communicate with sales teams to manage expectations and field questions
– handle sensitive and confidential information in accordance to UBS firm policy
– make sure that the document records correspond with data in the system
– processing end of day controls
– contribute to continuous improvement of processes and services
– facilitate the opening of client trading accounts
You’ll be working in the Client Onboarding team in Nashville, TN. The team is front office/client-facing role and, in many cases, you will be the first exposure a client has to UBS processes. The role involves information and documentation collection to enable the account opening process.
This role also gives you the opportunity to build relationships with UBS salespersons across different markets, covering both domestic and international client accounts, and liaising with several internal stakeholders such as credit, legal, and tax teams. We operate as part of a cross-product team and help to support all functions in their timely execution of responsibilities, including the coordination of workflow with the offshore teams. To be successful in this role you will need to be quick to learn the business, keen to develop new skills and have an enthusiastic and positive attitude. Good project management, communication, team skills are key.
Ideal candidates will have:
– 4 year degree or equivalent business experience in delivering quality client service (ideally in financing, banking, insurance or health industries)
– ability to analyze client information and documentation to facilitate account opening
– understanding of rules, regulations and regulatory requirements (Bank Secrecy Act / US Patriot Act / OFAC / Dodd Frank)
– organizational skills, detailed oriented, motivated, and ability to work independently
– have strong written and verbal communication skills
– dedicated team player with a can-do attitude
– work well under pressure and ability to handle deadlines
– time management skills and ability multitask
– PC proficient (MS Office) and extensive knowledge in online research
– troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner
– knowledge of ISDA protocols & bespoke agreements for institutional clients
– knowledge of investment bank products: Foreign Exchange, Equities, Fixed Income, and Cash trading
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.