UBS Financial Services IT System Administrator - MicroStrategy in Nashville, Tennessee
IT System Administrator - MicroStrategy
United States - Tennessee
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Are you adept at implementing BI system changes? Do you have a proven record of working effectively with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure? Are you a customer focused team player?
We’re looking for this individual to:
• provide all levels of technical support for Microstrategy 2019 primarily
• supporting also where required the SAP Business Objects Suite XI3.1/4.1/4.2
• monitor usage and manage infrastructure in conjunction with various teams across UBS, Wintel/linux/DB
• troubleshooting end-user issues and providing effective solutions to clients
• you will be required to utilize the Incident Management process for various incidents raised as well as ITIL
• the role also requires you to perform various BCM activities, planning and delivery
• plan, evaluate, migrate, develop, implement, configure, test and roll out solutions
• analyze outages and defective states, initiating and monitoring measures to remedy them
• good knowledge of Wintel/Linux/web technologies along with other BI systems is required
The role is part of a global team based in Nashville
the team provides MicroStrategy and Business Objects support globally. The team integrates closely with other partner teams such as BI Engineering, Unix, networks, Wintel, Web, Database and storage. The goal is to ensure a center of excellence for support of BI tools across the bank and providing operational stability in a global environment.
• ideally have 5+ years experience and knowledge of the following technologies:
• a university degree in computer science, management information systems or professional certifications or equivalent work experience in an Information Technology field
• conceptual MicroStrategy system architecture and design know-how
• Relevant experience as a Microstrategy consultant/Administrator
• excellent knowledge in Security, Architecture, Single-SSO, Webservers
• ability to work on Unix and Windows based platforms, Cluster environments & knowledge of basic serveradministration (CPU/Memory)
• essential Oracle / DB2 knowledge (MSSQL is beneficial)
• strong troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and an ability to follow process
• familiarity with ITIL Concepts
Nice to have skills:
• Business Objects Administration for XI3.1/BI4.1/4.2 platform
• Java, Perl,Azure Cloud
• essential web application Apache / Tomcat infrastructure knowledge
• good team/collaboration skills but equally has to be capable of working alone
• experience in automation and scripting
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.