UBS Financial Services Security Tools Operations Support Engineer in Nashville, Tennessee
Are you strong in Unix/Linux and looking to progress your career and knowledge to the next level in diverse areas such as Security? A Security Tools operations support champion is required to work within the global TOC Security organization to provide expertise for Authentication, Directory and privileged access tools.
• The successful applicant will provide their expertise and support for PowerBroker, PowerKeeper, ODSEE and Kerberos while ensuring our global environment is as stable as humanly possible – if you are proud of your previous operational stability achievements, you'll be right at home and fit right in!
• If you have a passion for ensuring secure privileged entitlements are strictly controlled and can openly discuss the merits of providing accounts minimal access versus root access – we'd like to hear from you!
• As a team player there will be regular collaboration with Engineering/Product Management teams to ensure timely delivery of product updates/upgrades related to PowerBroker, PowerKeeper, ODSEE and Kerberos with the potential to occasionally work outside core hours + on call
• You'll be able to showcase your strategic planning and ensuring tech refreshes for various components including the application itself are completed in line with requirements. As a super sleuth, you'll regularly investigate, quickly identify RCA as well as possible solutions or workarounds
• You'll be required to provide advice on client related escalations/issues/queries and promptly escalate to engineering when requiring their intervention. During your recent role you would have been the key person for planning and coordination of application/infra failover during the major events like Infra weekend, BCM tests and power down activities.
• The successful candidate must have an excellent track record on Solaris/RHEL in conjunction with PowerBroker, PowerKeeper, ODSEE and Kerberos plus associated network and client/server technologies or be able to demonstrate this background understanding.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
• The role is part of a global team based in Nashville.
• The team provides global security services across. authentication, privledged access and dirctory services
• The team integrates closely with outher partner teams such as Unix, networks, Wintel and storage.
• The teams goal is to ensure operational stability in a global environment while maintaining highly secure privledge escalation systems and leading edge authentication and directory services.
Must have at least 5 years experience and knowledge of the following technologies:
• Extremely strong in Solaris 10 • Extremely strong in RHEL 5.x • Proficient in Oracle DB/SQL
• PowerBroker, PowerKeeper, ODSEE and Kerberos
• Network, DNS, NIS, failover, load balancing, etc. principals
• Security principals and encryption standards, privledged access managmeent modelsability to follow process
• Ability to work and remain calm in a pressure environment
• A strong level of Perl/Shell scripting and an exposure to virtualisation technologies (e.g. VMWare, Solaris Zones)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 170202BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Security Tools Operations Support Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Tennessee
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)