UBS Financial Services TOC Site & Functional Lead in Nashville, Tennessee
TOC Site & Functional Lead
United States - Tennessee
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Do you have a passion for change? Are you a natural leader?
If so, UBS is looking for you.
UBS Technology is the IT function responsible for building, maintaining applications and systems infrastructure with the capacity and capability to achieve our goal to be the best global financial services firm. IT supports the whole of UBS across a wide range of systems and functions. Services range from business consultancy and technical architecture to analysis, solution development and project management.
Are you excited about playing a key role in keeping UBS competitive in an increasingly digitized worked?
We are looking for someone who will:
• Oversee the full operation of Technology Operations Center (TOC) services and workforce from the Nashville Business Solutions Center (BSC)
• Manage the day-to-day operation of TOC services including Mission Control, a 24x7 global support function of TOC
• Drive continuous improvement in automation activities such as developing dashboards and creating bots to improve our speed to detection of issues
• Be responsible for running Major Incident management, Problem management and Request fulfillment management practices
• Report on team performance and KPIs and develop recommendations and run with ad-hoc projects to improve quality of service
• Coordinate People and Diversity initiatives including Women in Technology events, townhalls and external recruiting events
• Partner with HR to recruit and hire top talent for TOC sectors
• Respond to Risk or Audit data requests, manage portfolio of ORI and GIA issues ensuring all TOC due dates are met and govern ODP and CUSO requirements
• Build strong partnerships with stakeholders, articulate the TOC strategy and alignment and regularly review our service offerings and KPI status
• Act as the immediate escalation point for all customers, stakeholders and IT Management for the services provided
• Work closely with vendors, key stakeholders to plan for cost optimized solutions, manage delivery, implementation, process improvement and production product support
• Provide management reporting for stakeholder meetings
• Implement effective and efficient operational policies, processes and procedures
• Uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
• Possess strong analytical, problem-solving skills
• Embrace UBS House View on Leadership (HVoL) to create an extraordinary experience for UBS clients and UBS people
• The Nashville BSC is a strategic location for TOC. You will work closely with the TOC Americas Head to drive change and implement the TOC Strategy within Nashville
• You will manage the day-to-day operation of TOC services including Mission Control. Mission control provide catalogue of services including Incident, Problem, Change and Event Management in addition to Data analytics & telemetry, Command & Control and communications
• You will lead and supervise locally a team of infrastructure and application support analysts. The team is global in nature and is responsible for the full spectrum of support from front-line user support, through to complex system support, to release and environment management. The goal is to provide quality services to ensure end-to-end production stability and availability by combining optimized utility services with dedicated centers of expertise, ensuring business aligned support, always aiming to foster on customer / user needs.
• You will partner with TOC sectors and HR to recruit top talent and hold people and diversity events and townhalls
• Effectively manage the risk portfolio of ORI and GIA issues while governing ODP and CUSO requirements
• You will bring a disciplined and controlled approach to the regional management role to ensure successful delivery of TOC services
• You will seek opportunities to implement controls, standards and best practices to improve delivery and way of working
• Demonstrable experience in IT delivery, support, and governance
• Experience in managing teams (15+ years)
• Experience in the Financial Services Industry
• A proven track record of collaborating in matrix environments
• In-depth knowledge incident and problem management practices
• Solid technical (UNIX, databases, tools, automation) and presentation skills
• Highly refined and professional in verbal and written communications
• Experience of managing a relationship with vendors and other stakeholders
• Operating in a global team environment
• Bachelor's degree in business related area
• ITIL qualified & proficient in using Service Now
• Evidence of being able to work in a dynamic and stressful environment
• A strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels
• An effective team leader, capable of motivating your team to perform their best
• Honest, reliable, self-motivated with a high level of integrity
• Known for hitting deadlines and staying within budget
• Highly committed, resilient and outcome focused
• A results-oriented worker, with the ability to set priorities
• Able to manage and drive multiple and complex projects at any given time
• Flexible, adaptable and pragmatic with an ability to stay focused on objectives and a can-do-attitude
• A strong leader who is known to recruit, lead and develop a senior talent bench
• Keen to learn new technologies and build a solid understanding of the business context of the applications
• Customer orientated and focused on service quality with strong interpersonal skills comfortable at interacting with colleagues at all levels
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.