UBS Financial Services Volcker Analyst in Nashville, Tennessee
Are you solution oriented? Do you always have an eye toward improving processes? Do you have a keen interest in Capital Markets? We’re looking for an Analyst to handle the following:
– Prepare monthly metrics presentations covering risk exposure, profit and loss, and trading activity for review with business stakeholders across the IB
– Perform analytical reviews of business activities and write commentary explaining key drivers
– Monitor business activity in context of Volcker exemptions focusing on documenting and challenging exceptions
– Build relationships with internal stakeholders across Trading, Business Management, Market Risk, and Compliance
– Ad hoc projects for IB COO team to improve data collection, enhance reporting, and improve efficiency
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You will be working on the Investment Bank COO team in Nashville. Part of the COO team is responsible for Post Trade review controls related Volcker regulatory compliance across the IB globally including businesses in Corporate Client Solutions and Investor Client Solutions (Equities and FX, Rates, and Credit).
The Investment Bank provides corporate, institutional and wealth management clients with expert advice, innovative financial solutions, outstanding execution and comprehensive access to the world’s capital markets. It offers financial advisory and capital markets, research, equities, foreign exchange, precious metals and tailored fixed income services in rates and credit through its two business units, Corporate Client Solutions and Investor Client Services. The Investment Bank is an active participant in capital markets flow activities, including sales, trading and market-making across a range of securities.
– 2+ years of relevant experience in financial markets or banking industry
– Previous experience in data analysis, market risk, or compliance role is desired but not critical
– Previous experience interacting with stakeholders across multiple locations both domestic and international
– Analytical and a quick learner
– Someone with high attention to detail
– A strong communicator with the ability to regularly interact with stakeholders
– Persistent - the role requires frequent follow up and interaction with junior and senior staff of the bank
– Able to work both independently and in a team in order to reach conclusions supported by analytical review of business activity
– Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is critical
– Proficient in database applications, macro development, VBA, or SQL is desired but not critical
– Someone with a high level of energy and commitment to support the business. An ability to be flexible and proactive in solving problems and issues for Volcker Analytics Team.
– Able to work under pressure to meet deliverables
– Client Focus:
– Understands the necessity and importance of behaving within professional and legal boundaries
– Invests time and energy in providing the highest quality service
– Risk & Professional Behavior:
– Behaves in a way to mitigate risk
– Demonstrates accountability
– Works within own limits of authority/competence for risk and escalates potential excesses or issues.
– Communication and Impact:
– Adjusts communication style to suit topic, audience and situation
– Builds trust through open and honest interaction even in \"difficult situations\"
– Delivers consistent messages
– Planning and Organizing:
– Understands the interdependencies between own work and that of other colleagues and the need to co-ordinate activities
– Anticipates potential work overloads and plans accordingly
– Problem Analysis:
– Sees cause and effect relationships between parts of a problem
– Applies a logical approach to the analysis of information and data
– Understands the information needed (to resolve an issue) and finds ways of obtaining it
– Quality and Continuous Improvement:
– Shares \"best practices\" with co-workers
– Addresses the sources of errors or problems until they are resolved
– Ensures important problems affecting quality are escalated appropriately
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people., Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Job Reference #: 182139BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Volcker Analyst
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Tennessee
Function Category: Business management, administration and support