UBS Financial Services Windows System Administrator in Nashville, Tennessee
Windows System Administrator
United States - Tennessee
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? We’re looking for someone like that to:
• provide global production support for the Windows distributed infrastructure while on shift.
• address incidents picked up by the monitoring systems alerting on global Windows infrastructure within a timely manner
• resolve problem tickets allocated to team on central management tools (e.g. SNOW)
• implement requests for service as generated in manual and automated ticketing systems (e.g. SNOW, etc)
• regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other support teams to clarify details of incidents or service requests to maintain production stability and meet established SLA’s.
• liaise with vendors to analyze crash dumps, or infrastructure problems
• write technical documentation as needed
• a solid understanding of a Windows-based operating system, preferable Windows, 2003, 2008, 2012, DHCP and DFS , Windows Clustering(Understanding of Citrix, VMware, MOM, AD, Exchange 2003, 2010, Lync, will be a big advantage
• work during weekend and night-times, participating in a 24x7 shift roster
You will be a member of our Operational support group supporting Global Windows environment within our bank. You will ensuring the quality, stability of the Wintel environment and supporting business managers in planning IT project requirements.
• University degree with ideally 2-5 years' experience in supporting WINDOWs based distributed computing environment with a large number of systems (30,000 + servers)
• a solid understanding of a Windows-based operating system, preferable Windows: 2003, 2008, 2012, (Understanding of Citrix, VMware, MOM, AD, Exchange 2003, 2010, Lync, will be a big advantage)
• provide projects support for the Windows distributed infrastructure, preferably worked in Storage Migration, DC Exit, OS Migration, Windows estate wide remediation projects and BCM/Isolation tests, Power down activities
• good troubleshooting skills with knowledge of key operating system concepts , ability to contribute to and work in a team , Strong inter-personal and communication skills , Independent problem solving skills are key skills for role.
• familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts, such as NFS, routing, troubleshooting network related issues.
• basic understanding of Banking and Finance industries with previous job experience , Understanding and working knowledge of authentication and naming services, including NIS, LDAP with Kerberos, Power Broker, DNS, NTP, and ITIL Knowledge and certification are desired skills.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.