UBS Financial Services CUSO Risk Control Governance Officer in New York, Connecticut
CUSO Risk Control Governance Officer
United States - Connecticut, United States - New York
Job Reference #:
Do you have an analytic mind? Are you persistent and curious? A team player who enjoys new challenges and the ability to manage multiple work streams? Someone who can work collaboratively, but can also take the lead and work independently?
We are looking for someone like that to help ensure the operational integrity and completeness of the end-to-end Risk Control operating model within UBS's US operations. Responsibilities include:
Assessments and Projects
• Supporting the Combined US Operations (CUSO) Enterprise-wide Risk officer in assessing areas for improvement and gaps related to internal standards and to new and existing rules and regulations;
• Supporting the implementation of actions related to the above, and the remediation of regulatory and audit findings, in a timely and sustainable manner; and
• Interfacing within Risk Control and across other functions to help drive change.
CUSO Risk Control Operating Model
• Coordinating policy reviews and endorsements;
• Tracking new business proposals;
• Supporting the coordination and oversight of risk appetite;
• Assisting with risk reporting; and
• Helping to develop training and education programs.
You will be part of Combined US Operations (CUSO) Oversight team within the US Chief Risk Officer's organization reporting to the Head of CUSO Oversight. The US CRO has oversight responsibility over all aspects of Group Risk Control (GRC) in the CUSO.
Within the US CRO's office, the CUSO Oversight team works with divisionally-aligned and firm-wide risk control teams across GRC to oversee, within CUSO: governance and policies, New Business Control, Operational Risk Management, CUSO related changes programs, and Risk Control Operations.
The CUSO Operational Risk Manager will work with the individuals reporting to the US CRO, Operational Risk Managers in other GRC functions and the GRC Operational Risk Management team under the GRC Chief Operating Officer.
• 5 years or more of experience in risk management, risk control, audit or compliance.
• Understanding of credit, market, and/or treasury risk.
• Know-how in the analysis of business processes.
• Effective communication skills, both written and spoken.
• Experience in managing business/technology projects.
• Strong problem solving/analytical and influencing skills.
• Proactive, self-driven and flexible, with ability to complete multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
• Strong, confident self-motivated contributor who is comfortable working independently to look ahead, anticipate, challenge and manage around obstacles.
• Comfortable with escalation and challenge.
• Well organized, with solid decision making skills and a sharp eye for detail.
• A critical and creative thinker who can look beyond the numbers to build a narrative about what's
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.