UBS Financial Services Market and Treasury Risk Control Officer in New York, New Jersey
Market and Treasury Risk Control Officer
United States - New Jersey, United States - New York, United States - Utah
Job Reference #:
New York, Salt Lake City, Weehawken
We are looking for a candidate to join Market & Treasury Risk Control (MTRC) to cover our Bank USA subsidiary which focuses on Wealth Management services. You will be responsible for representing the broad risk categories of market risk, interest rate risk, and liquidity and funding risk.
More specifically you will be relied upon to fulfill the following role requirements:
• understand global regulatory requirements and expectations impacting Market & Treasury Risk
• understand the entity's businesses and how those businesses create risk which drives the market and treasury risk profiles
• review and understand the interest rate risk profile of the entity and how it influences the broader risk profile of the Group
• review and understand the liquidity and funding requirements of the entity
• review and understand the market risk profile for the entity
• provide independent review, validation and risk management of assumptions for models spanning market risk, interest rate risk, and liquidity and funding risk. This includes determining the appropriateness or limitations of the conceptual soundness, calibration and implementation of models/assumptions used
• serve as a knowledgeable professional on quantitative, or qualitative, risk modeling and its impacts on the risk profile
• prepare validation report(s) for model(s) being validated
• communicate model validation results and debate issues, challenges and methodologies with internal counterparts (model developers, model owners) and present to senior management, Board of Directors and key stakeholders
• provide independent assessment of the entity's risks with respect to Stress and Business as Usual environments
• Produce risk report updates for the entity and present to ALCO and regulators on a regular basis
• remain up-to-date on regulatory requirements and follow financial markets and business trends on a frequent basis and analyze how those developments could impact our firms liquidity and funding position
You will be working in the Market & Treasury Risk Control (MTRC) Team in the New York City/Weehawken Offices with dual reporting lines into our Bank USA Chief Risk Officer and the CUSO head of Market and Treasury Risk Control. As a member of the MTRC Liquidity & Funding team you will be primarily responsible for supporting the independent review of the entity's market and treasury risk position. You will be required to prepare regular risk reports and validate models. You will interact and work in close collaboration on a daily basis, with departments and functions in other locations such as: Wealth Management, Group Risk Control, Treasury, Finance functions and ALM. You should be willing to work independently and be able to concurrently manage multiple time-sensitive deliverables.
• a Bachelor's degree in a finance-related area such as Finance, Financial Engineering, Accounting, Economics or a quantitative discipline, e.g. Math/Statistics
• knowledge of Market & Treasury risk management including related risk metrics (e.g. VaR, NII, EVE, LCR, NSFR Basel III ratios, Stress testing, liquidity modeling, CCAR)
• experience in model design and understanding of statistical concepts
• specific experience in the following areas would be preferred: Market Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Liquidity Management, Treasury, Balance Sheet analysis, modeling, Recovery & Resolution Planning, Basel III/FRTB, and CCAR
• strong quantitative and qualitative skills, ability to synchronize large amounts of data
• excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface with people at varied skill
• strong analytic capabilities, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analysis with clarity
• ability to communicate well verbally with proficiency drafting complex model validation documents, preferred.
• advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• qualifications such as CFA, PRM, FRM would be considered as a strong asset
• ability to communicate complex or technical information to those with less expertise in a manner they can understand and action on the information
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.