UBS Financial Services Alternative Data Analyst in New York, New York
Alternative Data Analyst
United States - New York
Evidence Lab Innovations
Job Reference #:
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you know how to develop innovative solutions?
We’re looking for someone like that who can:
• Contribute to the design, creation and validation of new analytical frameworks for systematically extracting insight from unstructured, raw and alternative data sets.
You’ll be working in the UBS Evidence Lab team in New York as an Alternative Data Analyst. We focus on data analytics of underlying business drivers, utilizing online and alternative data sets. The role is project-oriented and episodic and will provide exposure to a variety of industries and analytical techniques. Our analytical offering is used for financial market analysis. Within the created framework is a dynamic pipeline of projects that touch on all industries and geographies. After creating initial product frameworks and standardized process, we aim to continue to innovate and enhance the offering with more advanced analytics paired with novel, out-side-the box, cutting edge alternative data. This role will be executed in collaboration with multiple parts of Evidence Lab including other analytical capabilities, web mining, data quality, data wrangling and data architecture teams.
• bachelor’s degree in data science, statistics or computer science field with specific knowledge of python, SQL, and statistical languages like R
• ideally 3 - 5 years of experience in a data analyst related role where you applied above educational skills (school level projects counts)
• interest, desire and willingness to work in a fast paced environment with lots of innovation, model development and iteration, testing hypothesis and overall deliver highly relevant models that will help investment professionals make informed decisions based on data
• experience leading a team to build alternative data assets preferred, but optional
• intellectually curious
• able to communicate and explain complicated topics clearly and concisely
• creative, with the ability to work with unstructured data and draw insight from it
• adaptable, with the perseverance to work through big challenges with constrained resources
• comfortable working within a globally dispersed team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Your Career Comeback:
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback at https://www.ubs.com/global/en/careers/career-comeback/welcome.html .