UBS Financial Services Business Analyst - Business Intelligence in New York, New York
Are you passionate about creating powerful analytic solutions? Do you possess Jedi-level BI skills? We're looking for someone who can help us:
• Analyze and decipher complex data
• Collect and formulate business requirements via interviews and user discussions
• Document functional requirements, business processes, use-cases and other project artifacts
• Deliver wireframes and prototypes for reports, visualizations, and dashboards
• Analyze current vs. target business processes and provide recommendations for process improvements
• Provide hands-on expertise within all phases of the SDLC (as it relates to BI and data warehousing)
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You’ll be part of the Evidence Lab Innovations team within the Investment Bank in New York. Evidence Lab Innovations is charged with helping clients make better decisions with data. The analytics team is a pillar in the technology platform which provides insights to a variety of users across the bank. We work with a large number of groups, including CRM, data science, marketing, data quality teams and operations. We have a common goal to help provide meaningful insights and solutions that drive better decision-making.
– 5+ years of experience leading data warehouse and BI projects
– Significant expertise in defining requirements, business process documentation, change management, and stakeholder management
– Proficiency with Business Intelligence platforms and visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, OBIEE, Looker, Business Objects, QlikView)
– Superior communication skills and a demonstrated ability to build consensus across different levels of the organization
– Excellent data analysis skills, including the ability to work with and profile large data sets
– Deep fundamental knowledge of data warehouse principles and dimensional modeling
– Experience working within waterfall and agile project management frameworks
– Understanding of master data management and data governance practices
– Highly driven in your pursuit to make the world a better place through data-based decision making
– Excellent at managing expectations across all stakeholders including IT, business users and management
– Passionate about using data to understand and solve complex business questions
– Pragmatic and methodical in your approach to design and translate requirements which are easily understood by both business and technical counterparts
– Able to effectively learning new tools, methods, applications and processes
– Superior at analyzing data to evaluate quality, completeness and value of new data sets
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 186369BR
Business Divisions: Investment Bank
Title: Business Analyst - Business Intelligence
City: New York
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - New York
Function Category: Research